Chapter three: love and death

Your pov

I sat at the table in the dining hall, being ridiculed by the others surrounding it.

"Be more like Rose"
"Your sister has a future set for herself"
"Why aren't you married yet?"
"I know this lovely young girl-"
"You need to grow up at some point"

I stood up from the table. I was overwhelmed, they would do this whenever my mother would see them and she would join in. Rose, i dont blame her, but she should have stood up for me, even if it were only once in her perfect life.

Leaving the hall, i started to run across the deck, down the steps to the lower class deck and back up to the back of the ship.

"Why can't they just leave me be? I don't want to be who they want me to be, i want my own life!" I yelled at the ocean in front of me, tears streaming down my face.

"I would rather have wanted no family than one who does not love me" i spoke quietly, contemplating my next move as i stared tat the raging waters beneath the ship.

"I would rather be dead" i spoke as i climbed over the railing, feeling my heart beat quickening in my chest.

The wind was drying my face of the tears as i stared down, ready to let go

"Don't do it" i heard and turned my head, my grip on the bars tightening for a moment "stay back! Don't come any closer" i said to the stranger.

He looked at me for a second then walked closer "come on, just give me your hand, I'll pull you back over" he said reaching his hand out to me

"No! Stay where you are, I mean it. I'll let go" i spoke, tightening my grip more, feeling the cold, slightly wet rail becoming warmer from my body's heat.

The stranger showed me his cigarette, which i hadn't noticed until now and made a movement, indicating that he just wanted to throw the cigarette into the water.

He did just that as he walked closer to the rail, looking me up and down. "No, you wont" he simply said

"Excuse me? I won't? Don't presume to know what i will and what i won't do, you haven't the slightest clue as to who i am" i said angerly "well, you would have done it already" he said making me more angry

"Go away!" I yelled and he calmly replied "i cant, im involved now, you let go and im going to have to go in after you" he started taking his jacket and shoes off "you wouldn't"

"I would." "The fall would kill you"

"It would hurt, im not saying it wouldn't. To be honest im a lot more concerned about that water being so cold" he continued removing clothing while looking at me "how cold?" I asked looking up at him then back down at the water

"Freezing. Maybe a couple degrees over. It's like a thousand knives hitting you all at once. You cant breath, you cant think. At least not about anythingbut the pain. Whichis why im not looking forward to jumping into there after you. But like i said, i dont have a choice" he told me

"You're crazy if you think to jump in after me" i spoke, trying to forget what he just said about the pain, it couldn't be that cold...

"That's what everyone says, but with all due respect mister, im not the one hanging over the railing here. Now come on, give me your hand. You dont want to do this" he said as he reached his hand out to me again.

I calmed my breathing as i slowly took his hand and turned around. I was extremely close to him, only a railing between us.

He smelt of cigarettes and cheap cologne, he had the most gorgeous eyes, it was the man from the lower class deck i saw.

"Im Jack Dawson" he introduced himself looking into my eyes as i stared into his "(y/n) (middle name) Dewitt Bukater" i told him my name. "I'm going to have to write that one down" he said making me laugh as he tried helping me back onto the ship, but i slipped and fell, hanging onto only his hand, screaming

Realizing that i didn't want to die as i stared death in his face.

I grabbed onto the rail with my other hand as he tried pulling me up but i slipped again

"Help! Please! Help!" I screamed in fear

"Listen to me! I've got you, i wont let go. Now pull yourself up" he spoke sternly as i tried pulling myself up with his help and after a struggle, i finally was back on the ship.

We both fell onto the deck, with him on top of me as i heard running footsteps coming towards us.

I saw the security as i tried catching my breath. They looked at jack then his clothes on the deck and must have assumed the worst "you sick bastard! Don't move an inch" One of the men yelled at him.

This was a longer chapter, hope you enjoyed :)