chapter two: the ship sails

Your POV

I felt the ship start to move and heard passengers on the decks yelling quiet down as we left the harbor as i walked to the room mother and Rose were in to see that she was choosing which of her paintings she wanted to put up in which spots of the room.

Call had just asked her who the paintings were painted by and she told him "something Picasso"

I rolled my eyes, she wanted them and didn't even know who painted them, poor Pablo, i do hope he makes something of his art some day.

The day passed by quickly and quietly, apart from the loud chatter among the other wealthy women on board.

By the next day, we were out to sea, no land in sight, just open waters ahead, the view was gorgeous, i even managed to see a pod of dolphins in the waters.

I sat at the table in the dining hall after mother sent someone to call for me. Rose was smoking and mother, as always was didn't like it so call took her cigarette and got rid of it.

They were speaking of the ships name of origin but i wasn't listening. I stood up from my seat "please excuse me" i said before leaving the table.

I left the room and walked up to the deck, feeling the wind. I stood by the rail, looking over at the horizon, but felt eyes on my and glanced down to see a young man, sitting on one of the lower class decks.

Averting my eyes, i continued to look out at the ocean, feeling despair, about my hidden sexuality.

I sighed and walked back inside. Mother wouldn't aprove, no one would in this day and age...