Chapter 12: Sibling Contact

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, she...didn't tell you that?"

"Oh, sorry, did I not?" Toko lightly bit her thumb, looking away.

"No! You very much didn't!" Komaru folded her arms.

"Yeah, that sounds like Toko." Makoto laughed before noticing Akira. "Huh...? Oh, and who are you...?"

"Oh, that's Akira Shirayuki. She tagged along with us not long after I met Toko." Komaru explained.

"Shirayuki..." Makoto mused before widening his eyes. "Oh, I see... You're Sora's younger sister, aren't you?"

Akira's eyebrows raised as a sign of surprise. "You know my big sister...?"

"Yeah. She's in the same branch as I am." Makoto said. "Oh, but I'm afraid she's not here at the moment. She's on a mission for Future Foundation."

"Y-Yeah, with that detective bitch queen of all people..." Toko grumbled, still a bit sour about "losing" her Mistress.

"According to what she told me, she won't be back for a few days, so you won't be able to talk to her. Sorry about that..." Makoto put his head down.

Akira made a small smile. "It's okay. Just knowing that she's still alive is enough for me. All this time, I'd assumed the worst, but...I'm glad she's safe, at least..."

Makoto nodded before focusing on all three of them. "Anyway, I'm glad you three are together."

"I-I'm just with her because I have no choice. Your whiny little sister bawls when she's alone... At least Aki's pretty quiet, so she's not causing any problems, even though she's a lazy slob..." Toko snickered. "So basically I'm just a babysitter. I guess this will prepare me for my future with Master..."

"H-Hey! I wasn't bawling!" Komaru puffed out her cheeks. "Don't listen to her, Makoto!"

"...Lazy slob, huh...?" Akira dryly remarked.

"So...where is Byakuya?" Makoto asked.

Toko let out a sigh. "Master is...safe. Safe, but...captured by the enemy."

"Just as I thought. Future Foundation's intel said as much." Makoto placed his hand on his chin. "I just didn't believe it. I mean, Byakuya? Captured!?"

"He was p-probably taken by surprise by some fiendish cowards!" Toko assumed. "There's no other way... Ugh, the son of the noble Togami family brought to the position of a mere hostage..." She groaned.

"Sounds like the situation is pretty serious." Makoto pursed his lips.

"So serious the world is gonna collapse! The Ultimate Affluent Progeny is in danger!" Toko exclaimed dramatically.

"Ultimate...?" Komaru repeated in confusion.

"Oh yeah, Byakuya, Toko, Sora, and I were all classmates at Hope's Peak Academy." Makoto informed before sweatdropping. "...Wait... You... You didn't know that, either?"

"...No, I didn't." Komaru replied, shooting an accusing glance at Toko.

"W-Well, now's the time for your brother to explain it! Here's your chance. Now you can show off your utter lack of presence with your brother complex!"

"I-I do not have a brother complex!" Komaru face flared up in embarrassment.

Makoto let out a sigh as he began. "I don't really know where to start... We weren't just regular "classmates"... We were trapped in Hope's Peak Academy during The Tragedy... We were forced...to kill each other. Our classmates."