You quickly got changed and grabbed your bag. He was still standing in the same position when you walked over to him.

"Let's go," you told him. You both walked out of the hospital. For a couple of minutes, you were both just walking quietly next to each other.

"I'm really sorry for how I treated you," Mason broke the silence. You looked at him while still walking at the same time.

"The things I said are unforgivable and I know they hurt you and still do.I need you to know that I didn't mean anything I said, and it wasn't right of me to let you do all the work while I did nothing. I'm really sorry," Mason said, expressing everything he's wanted to say for a long time.

You could hear the guilt in his voice and how he reacted to his own words. He never opens up about anything, yet he's here doing that for you, and that always means everything to you.

"I said some harsh stuff too that I didn't mean. I'm sorry for that," you apologised too

"I deserved it," he chuckled, making you let out a small laugh. There was a loud silence again until you broke it this time. "Thank you for apologising...it hasn't been easy to move on after you said that," you admitted.

"I'm sorry," he said again. "You've moved on?" he asked curious

"I met someone, he makes me happy," you smiled.

"Oh," he said as he forced a smile

You looked at him and there was a moment of silence until you burst into laughter. He looked at you, confused, as you both stopped walking. "Wow, really?" he said, shocked as he realised you had joked around.

You put your hand over your mouth, trying to stop yourself from laughing more. "You should've seen you face," you laughed even harder when you thought about it.

"Yeah, yeah," he rolled his eyes and felt embarrassed. You eventually calmed down and continued walking.

"What about you? Any new girlfriends I should know about?" you asked. You didn't want to know, but deep down you still wanted to know.

"Nah, no one has caught my eye," he said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Damn...I thought you might've found someone better than me like you said you could" you chuckled, but Mason didn't find it so funny. He knew his words had cut you deep.

"You know, I didn't mean that right." He looked at you as you stopped walking again.

You looked at him. "Even if you didn't mean it, you can get anyone you want. Why did you come back to see me?" you asked.

"Because this past month I've been trying to get you back, but someone doesn't pick up their phone," he said 

"I think you know why." You looked away.

"Look Y/N," he said, grabbing your hands to hold them. "We've been through everything together. Every time I needed you, you've been there. A lot of shit has happened since you broke up with me, and I've struggled to get through those tough times without you. You make me feel loved and safe. No one else's can do that for me. Everything sucks without you, even football. It hurts every time I don't see you cheering me on from the stands or when I come home from training or a game and I can't cuddle you. Give me another chance to fix this", he poured his heart out, "I will do everything you need me to do."

"Mason, I don't want you to make it sound like a chore. I don't want to ask you to do things. You need to automatically do those things." You looked at him.

"I know football can be exhausting. I know that. But I've been exhausted too, and sometimes you haven't really seen that. I mean, have you seen Declan and Lauren? They literally do everything together. They clean, cook, do the laundry, and all that stuff together. It's not as bad as you think," you told him.

"I know, you're right. I can do that. We can do all that together, I promise. I will make it up to you, because you mean the world to me. Just please come back home," Mason begged you

You looked at him, feeling hesitant. "What do you mean, come back home?" you asked.

"As in you come home, I miss you," he said, looking at you with his adoring eyes.

"I broke up with you," you reminded him.

"Meaning?" he asked.

"We've been away from each other for a whole month, we can't just go back to normal," you said.

"Yes we can," Mason said confidently. You looked at him confused.

"Be my girlfriend," he said. It didn't sound like a question, more like a demand.

"What?", you said, confused at his words

"Be my girlfriend," Mason repeated, as he put his hand on your cheek.

You looked at him, and this very moment reminded you of the day he confessed his feelings for you.

You were both walking home from school when he stopped you and took your hands. He looked you in the eye just like he's doing now, and confessed his love for you.

Back in that time, you pulled him into a kiss. Now in the present time, you do the same. You lean in and place a kiss on his lips. The anger and hatred you had felt were suddenly gone and it felt like a fresh start.

It was time to come back home.