Fourty-Three || Green Day Is Kickass

Start from the beginning

"How are you so responsible?" She smiled, the Honda pulling into the parking space of Darren's Music Paradise for her.

"I have no idea," Jacy replied, turning off her car. She grabbed her bag from the backseat after pulling the keys out of the ignition. "Are you staying or are you gonna go check on Scott?"

"I'll stay with you a little while as long as it's not too busy," Allison told her, getting out of the car as Jacy did.

Jacy took her keys for the shop and unlocked it, flipping the closed sign over as Allison flicked on the lights. "It's never too busy in here right after school."

"When does Darren come?" Allison pulled herself up onto the counter, sitting next to the register.

"He doesn't on Fridays if I'm here." Jacy looked beyond professional, aimlessly bringing the shop to life.

"He really trusts you a lot," Allison said, swinging her legs as she watched Jacy move around.

"Haven't given him a reason not to," she replied, unlocking a glass case and removing a prized and incredibly expensive six string. She set it on its display rack and put its casing in the back room. "Have you seen your dad in town?"

"No, he's not here." Allison shook her head, "I'll make sure i'll tell you if I do see him."

"Will you want to talk to him?" Jacy looked over her shoulder before the postman came to the building. "Hold that thought." She opened the door, greeting the mailman.

"Jacy Parrish?" The man asked, a package under one arm and a clipboard in another.

"That's me." Jacy agreed, the Fedex truck near her car.

"I just need your signature and this is all yours."

Jacy took the clipboard, scrawling her name in cursive. She exchanged him for the box, waving him off before going inside.

"What is that?" Allison lifted a curious eyebrow as Jacy walked back over to her.

"Something I ordered for Stiles." Jacy set it next to her bag behind the register.

"What is it?"

The bell over the door, Stan coming through. He was rail thin but had kickass hair and a nice smile. "Jacy! My favorite lady, how are you?"

"Stan the Guitar Man!" Jacy laughed, unable to not smile herself. "It's great to see you. I'm doing well. How are you?"

"I'm doing quite all right." Stan didn't notice that Allison had gotten down and went around Jacy's side so he could place his palms on the counter. "How's my baby doing?"

"She is in flawless condition and ready for more shredding," Jacy replied. "I'll go grab her for you."

Jacy was smiling as she came out, a guitar case in her hands. She went around the front of the counter to a giddy Stan. "Open it up and give it a try."

Stan did as prompted, removing the instrument and plugging it into the amp Jacy offered before playing a couple of riffs on the electric guitar. "She sounds even better than before." He pulled the plug and placed it back in the case, snapping shut the locks. "You're a miracle worker."

"You're too kind," Jacy replied, letting him take his guitar case before going around the counter again.

"I know I already paid, but you deserve more." Stan fished in his pocket for his wallet despite her protest. "I insist, Jacy. Your talent is too much." He held out a twenty, "Twenty is the least I'm comfortable giving you. Please, take it."