"We're home!" Called Wendy as I heard the door shut.

I took my plate downstairs and put it on the side. I went to grab my bag but she stopped me.

"Are you not going to clean it?"

"I already have."

"You don't just leave dirty pates lying around."

"I've cleaned all the other ones."

I walked towards the back door and slipped my shoes on as well as grabbing my bag.

"Where are you going?" Asked Wendy.

"Out."

"Where?"

"To a few shops."

"With who?"

"It's just me."

"Nope. It's getting late."

"I can look after myself. I do it anyways."

"Cassandra!"

"What!?'

"Don't talk to Wendy like that!" Shouted Steve.

"Sorry."

"You should be. You are not leaving this house."

"What? How is that fair?"

"You were rude."

"Whatever." I said and went to walk towards my room but instead I ran out the front door.

"Cassie! Get back here!" Shouted Steve as he swung the door open.

"We'll call the police!" Shouted Wendy.

"See you later." I said and ran down the street.

I ran down a few alleyways and once I was far away enough, I went back to my normal pace. I grabbed my now working phone out of my pocket and chucked in my earphones. I walked down the street, a big smile on my face as I jammed out to my music.

I got to the shop that I needed to and walked through the door, pulling out my earphones.

"Hey, Cassie. How are you, kid?" Asked Andy, the shop owner.

"Hey, Andy. I'm okay. How are you?"

"Happy that you're here. What do you need?"

"If I take Millie's shift that she was supposed to do today, can I have a board?"

"Like your old one?"

"Please." I said and dumped my bag down on the floor behind the desk.

"Alright. Board is here. I'll put it behind the desk. I've got a few people's boards that need new wheels. Think you can do that?"

"Yep." I said and walked off towards the back.

I had been working for around an hour and had already done three boards. I had seventeen more to do and hopefully I could get them done by seven this evening and use my new skateboard for a couple of hours and still be back for curfew.

"You doing okay, kid?"

"Yep. Marty's, Lucy's and Yaz's boards are done."

"Alright. I'll give them a call. When Yaz gets here, I'll let you know. I know you two are friends."

"Thanks, Andy."

"No problem, kid."

I was doing my tenth board when someone knocked on the door. I looked up to see Yaz leaning on the door frame, a cheeky grin spread across her face.