I'm sorry Octavia

Octavia's POV

*Yawn* I stretched as I looked around the room while rubbing my eyes. Realizing that I was in mom's room I slowly get out of bed looking for her, when I realize she wasn't there I went out and tried looking for her. When I was walking down the hall I saw the butler panicking but when he saw me he ran hurriedly towards me.

"My lady!" He shouted as he took panting breaths. "What's the matter?" I asked confused as he tried to compose himself. "Th-the madam..." When he said it was about my mother I felt my heartbeat became to speed up. "What's wrong with mother!?" I asked panicked making him flinch. "Well... when I was cleaning one of the rooms the ma-madam found me a-and asked me a few questions." He said making calm down a bit, "And?" I asked now confused about why he was panicking. "Madam's question was about y-you my lady..." when he said this I still didn't get why he was panicking. Seeing my confused face he sighed and said "You should go and see the madam, my lady." He said as he pointed to the door behind him.

Standing up straight I slowly went up to the door, knocking I called out "Mom, are you in there?" Not hearing an answer I looked at the butler, he motioned to me to go in so I opened the door. When I entered I heard crying so I hurriedly close the door and looked around. When I looked at the corner I saw mom huddled at the side and crying silently.

"Mom... what's wrong?" I asked as I walked towards her. When she heard me I saw her flinch and she said, "Don't come closer!" When she shouted I pushed my steps feeling hurt making me look down. "Di-did I do something wrong...?" I asked as tears filled my eyes making her stop and look back at me. "No! Of course not!" She said as she stood up now facing me, when I looked back up I saw her looking to the side with tears falling down her face. "It's just that...I-i'm a terrible mother." She said making me stop and saw her hug herself. "What are you talking about mom? You're not a bad mother..." I hurriedly said but stopped when she shakes her head "Please don't lie to me Via, the butler told me everything." She said as more tears fell down her face. "Mom..." I said quietly as I looked at her feeling my heart clench. "You shouldn't even be caring for me, with how I treated you for so long I don't even know why you still helped me I shouldn't even be here I-" I stopped her rambling by running to her and giving her a tight hug "Mom you changed, even if you didn't you're still my mother. I can't stop caring for you even if you did for me." I said as I held her even tighter while clenching my eyes closed wanting her to feel how I feel at the moment.

Feeling her move I felt her hands going around me and also pulling me closer to her in a tight hug. "I'm so-so sorry Via. I promise you that I will make up for everything that I had done." She said as I felt her place a kiss on my head and said to me, "I love you Via, and thank you." Hearing this the tears I heald back went down my face. For so long I waited for her to tell me these words and now that she finally said it the sadness and longing I felt throughout these years spilled out "I love you too mama." I said as we both wailed holding each other until we both fell asleep mentally exhausted on the floor.