11 || drive

sorry about bad updates my tinkleberries
im gonna try to get more on schedule!! ive had rly bad writers block recently 💔💔 also happy late thanksgiving to my fellow canadians

——

You fell asleep pretty late and only woke up when your dad came in your room. He threw a shoe at you and you jolted awake, rubbing your eyes.

"What?" You asked, your voice low, "what happened?"

"You're supposed to hang out with that boy at 7, right? Well its 3 PM, you're lucky I woke you up this early." He turned and left, leaving you flabbergasted.

"3 PM?" You gasped, pushing yourself out of your bed. "How the fuck did I sleep until 3 PM?"

"Language!"

You ignored your father and looked in your mirror. You wore the same things as yesterday, wrinkled and misplaced, and your hair was a mess. You groaned, tugging off your sweater.

You stepped into the bathroom and slipped off your clothes, dropping them in a pile in the corner of the bathroom. You showered quickly and dried your hair, curling it so it was fluffy, and moved back to your room. (or you could straighten it idgaf)

You pulled out an outfit- what was appropriate for a 'just friends' movie date?- and decided on baggy jeans, a tiny t-shirt and converse. You didn't really think it would be that cold tonight.

You did your makeup, but it was very simple (light eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss), and looked over yourself in the mirror once more.

It wasn't too flashy, right?

You put the thoughts out of your mind before you could overthink anything and went downstairs. Your dad was there, slipping his shoes on.

"My work called," he said, leaning down to tie his laces, "I have to go in, they're short-staffed. Be back before 11, alright? And if that boy does anything, Lord help me I'll-"

You threw a newspaper at him before he could finish his sentence, rolling your eyes and pulling open the fridge. Your father chuckled and gave you a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you, sweetie. I hope you have fun tonight." He opened the door and left you alone in the house, leaving you to ponder over what you'd eat.

——

It was 6:50; Robin would be here soon, you knew. You checked over yourself, making sure you looked fine, and shoved some change in to your pockets. You knew he said he'd buy the snacks, but you could never be so sure.

A few minutes later you heard an echoing knock on your front door. You fixed your hair and clothes, pulling your jeans up and fixing your shoelaces.

Opening the door, you flashed a wide smile at Robin. He had a blue bandana on today.

"Robin! Hey," you said, stepping outside, "how are you?" You shut the door and walked with him to his uncles car.

"I'm good!" He said enthusiastically. "How are you?"

He pulled open the car door for you and you thanked him. "I'm good."

"Hey! You must be Y/N?" A man asked. You assumed he was Robin's uncle.

"Yeah! Thank you for taking me with you guys, really." His uncle grinned.

"Its fine, anything for my nephews girlfriend." Robin yelped and smacked his arm, making his uncle laugh heartily. You just turned red.

"Shes not my girlfriend!" Robin squeaked. His uncle nodded. "I know, I know."

——

It took around 20 minutes to get to Robin's house, which was mostly spent in silence. You occasionally talked about random things, like his uncle telling you guys a story or you and Robin talking about your favourite teachers. They were both comfortable to be around, you found it easy to make conversation.

You pulled up to his house, the car shaking when you stopped. His house was small, only one floor, but it looked comfortable; it looked like a cabin of sorts, but it was cute.

You pushed yourself out of the car and headed behind his uncle to his house. It had a strong scent that you couldnt make out, but it was nice.

His uncle let you both in and you looked around. He had a small living room, kitchen, and a hallway with two bedrooms; it was a really nice house.

"You kids have fun," his uncle said, "we'll leave in around 30 minutes, alright? And no fooling around, you two."

Robin and you flushed and he laughed, leaving you two to silently walk to see Robin's room.

——