outside

--------------------

The front door to the infamous Joey Drew's small house slowly creaked it's way open.  The sun peaking its way through the crevice, leaving a streak of hope along the floor.

This was an accomplishment — an achievement!
Managing to get the studio’s door open is a HUGE accomplishment for Henry Stein - a former animator at Joey Drew's Studio.

It had never opened before. The door would only lead him back to the environment that he so dearly missed.

Funny how that worked.

...

Yet, this time.. was different.

Henry had brought someone, or more like something along with him.

The Ink Demon.

Yes, the same one that constantly chased and killed him multiple times. The one who had recklessly attacked the Projectionist. The one Sammy Lawrence worshiped. The one who took souls of the innocent. The one who-

"Seriously, can't you go ANY fucking slower, Stein?"

The monologue was ruined because of a sudden voice.

"Actually, yes, I can."

The door creaked open a tiny bit more as a hand let go of it.
"..And besides, I was trying to add the dramatic effect since the outside is horrendously terrible yet a sweet relief,"

Another voice spoke - which was more calming than the first -, answering the first voice’s question.

Hearing a groan, the door was roughly slammed open by a large, inky-gloved hand.

The light was a sudden blur and shock to both of them, causing them to cover their eyes - at least for Henry. The ink demon didn't have any noticeable eyes.

...

Once the man adjusted to the sunlight, he fluttered his eyes open and closed a few times before looking around.

His partner is gone.

Or was.

He was just blind.

The demon had already made his adjustments and stepped out to view the land.

..and Henry followed after.

Hearing the crunch of the leaves, Henry Stein only assumed it was Autumn.

The Ink Demon couldn't believe it! The outside! He is outside, they are outside!

At least, that was what a positive reaction would be.

"This is fuckin' pitiful. This 's what I've been waitin' for? THIS?"

Henry shrugged, patting the twisted toon on the back. "Welcome to the outside."

Side-glancing at the ink creature, then to the rusted car, the man started walking towards the vehicle. It wasn't a far walk, just across from the studio's road.

Let's just hope the car works.

.

..

The Ink Demon watched in disappointment and disbelief as the man was crossing the street to the rusted, parked vehicle. Even God doesn't know how long that's been there.

What did he expect, really? The most amazing place ever?

I mean, this is "decent" since he's never seen it and has been trapped in the studio since forever, but c'mon.

This is just pathetic.

Another groan was heard before the demon started moving towards the car's passenger door.

...

Henry was focusing on his keys in his memory. Where would he have put the keys? He's lucky the doors were left unlock.

Sighing and standing up to stretch his back, Henry saw the ink creature standing at the other side, staring.

"..."

"Buddy, you, uh.. might need to pull the handle on the door-".

There was silence. The demon looked up at him.

"Now, I'm NOT tha' dumb, Henry." The Ink Demon said.

Henry smiled sheepishly and situated himself in his car seat.  He focused on continuing his search for the car keys.

The Ink creature looked at the handle, and considered what the man had said. Pull it, huh..?

Next thing the poor man knew, glass shattered and flung everywhere. On the seats, the grass, on the floorboard of the car, everywhere.

Thankfully, no glass had cut him from what he knew.

He heard shuffling from the seat beside him to only look up and find the Ink Demon seating in the passenger seat right next to the broken window. Some ink stained the remaining pieces of glass on the car window.

Henry and the demon shared looks with each other.

"Is there an issue?" The demon asked as if he didn't just carelessly reck a window, his smile only growing a bit wider.

Henry's face full of disappointment, only amused the demon even more. He had full acknowledgement of what he did which made the human even more pissed.

"That really wasn't.. necessary, Bendy. We both know that," The man said, keeping his cool, knowing the demon wanted the amusement.

"Oh, I know, shortass. I jus' enjoy seein' you pissed the fuck off." The ink Demon said, shrugging, holding the smirk on his face as the car finally started.

"..This is why..-"

"-why you love me, I know. No need to worry your pretty little head off,"

A sigh is heard from the man before he puts his hands on the steering wheel, trying not to waste anymore time of daylight

"You're right, I do love you." Henry said, catching the demon off guard as he continued rummaging through the seat's crevices only to feel an odd shape. The car keys.

He manages to remove the stuck keys and situate them into the key slot next to the steering wheel.

It took a few tries to actually get the car to start, but eventually, it happened. The vibration of the car starting.

The man stepped on to the pedals to try and back out of the dead end. Onto the road.

....

A couple of minutes later, the human heard the demon whisper, "I love you, too." Causing a small smile to appear on the man's face.

"Oh. I know."

. . .

"You're an ass, you know that?"

The man laughed a little, the smile remaining on his face.

The demon looked away, mumbling,

"..And don't you forget it."