Chapter 9

Tord

Dream/Memory

"Tord! Tord where are you?"

I open my eyes to see my old house in Norway. It was small but it was enough for my dad, papa, and I to live comfortably. I was pulled out of my observation by being tackled to the ground and giggling from behind me. When I turned around, I saw a younger version of Jace smiling with one of his front teeth missing.

"Come on Tord! You said we can go to our hangout spot in the grove!"

Jace stood up and offered a hand. My eyes widened at this. Why am I remembering this now? I went to reach for his hand and suddenly the world became bright.

I woke up to gently shaking from papa with a worried look on his face.

"Hunny, you slept through dinner. Are you alright?"

I look at papa and nod my head softly. Papa looks at me like he doesn't believe me before sighing.

"If you ever need to talk just know that I am here for you and so is your da. We love you Tord."

I smile softly nodding my head once again.

"I know papa, I love you both too. I just need to process some things before I can talk."

Papa smiles and nods before exiting my room and closing the door.

I sigh and lay back down on my bed, looking at my orange glow ceiling.

'Why did I remember that memory?.. Why do I still remember the old him?..'

I sigh and get up from the bed before going to my window seat. I sit down with my legs near my chest and lay my head on my knees looking out of the window.

'I hope tomorrow is better.'

***

The next time I opened my eyes I was blinded by the sun and heard knocking at my door. I uncurl and begin to stretch before going to my bedroom door. Da was standing there ready to knock again before clearing his throat.

"Your papa cooked breakfast, got dressed and headed downstairs to eat."

I nod and shut my door again and head to my closet. I decided to not wear my normal outfit and instead I wear a soft light brown oversized sweater and a pair of nice light blue jeans with my black converse. I smile and look at myself in the mirror. I actually like this outfit surprisingly.

I begin to head downstairs when I saw something I used to wear when I was in Norway. It was a small necklace with a silver heart rim and diamonds in the middle. I begin to reach for it but hesitate.

'Do I really want to wear this?'

I take a deep breath and grab it before putting it on. I look in the mirror one last time before going downstairs to eat breakfast with my family. I sat in my normal seat before French toast and eggs were set in front of me. I smile and begin to eat my breakfast enjoying every bite.

I heard a small gasp before I looked up from my food. Papa was looking at my necklace and da was trying to calm papa down. I smile a little before finishing eating. Papa looked at me again before smiling reassuringly.

"I love your outfit today, Hunny."

"Thank you, papa, I felt like changing it up a bit."

"Well, It's a nice change."

I smile and put my dishes in the sink before grabbing my backpack ready for school.

'I wonder what today will bring'?