I headed to the sofa, Leah to the bath. I flicked through the TV until I found something watchable, and began to read through my emails. I noticed that Gavin, Lydia and I had been copied into an email trail that appeared to have been going on for some time. The subject box very visibly telling me what this email was regarding.

Comeback Tour
From: PGRArtistsLtd
Cc: AlexRyanWilliamson, GavinGregg, LydiaGregg

Hi All,

As you will see from the email chain below, we are requesting a meeting with those included. This meeting will discuss the possibility of a comeback album and tour for Alex Ryan-Williamson.

The demand for such an event has been forecast, and we expect that we could sellout worldwide in a year-long tour.

As always, PGR would assist with the accounts side of things whilst your team would be free to proceed with media, management and promotion.

We hope to hear from you soon, please be aware that due to multiple offers currently being on the table with other artists, we would only be willing to extend this offer until next Friday.

Kind Regards
Simon Luney
PGR Artists Ltd

My mind froze, I hadn't thought about touring in such a long time. I hadn't even considered that anyone would still want me to tour, always being the one to believe I was unworthy of the support I had received throughout my career. Just as I was about to text Lydia, I heard Leah come back downstairs. I locked my phone and moved it to my side as she approached, her smiling face being enough to distract me from the earlier offer. She placed herself beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder to pull me closer.

My time with Leah, before and after our wedding, had shown me that withholding the truth was just as bad as telling a lie; even if it was only for a few hours. I could have decided to talk to Lydia first to find out more information, but my mind didn't consider that option. As Leah began to move off the chair for bed, I wrapped my arms around her stomach and pulled her back towards me.

"Le, can we talk?"
"Of course, what's up?" Leah smiled.
"I've had an email, one I think we should talk about."
"Mhmm?" Leah said, her face now becoming serious.

I showed her the email, carefully studying her face as I watched her eyes scan through the text in front of her. I noticed her forehead furrow, her eyes not looking in my direction. She let out a slight sigh, trying to hide it, as she passed the phone back to me.

"Do you want to do it?" Leah tried to sound positive.
"I've only just read it before you came downstairs, haven't had a chance to think yet. What do you think?"
"I think you should do whatever you want. You know I'll support you." Leah did her best attempt at a fake smile as she kissed my head and headed to bed.

I understood her being apprehensive about the idea, it had been a long time since I had last toured. Leah had never gotten over the hurt she had caused me over Harriet, I knew she hadn't. This was her reason for constantly wanting me to do whatever I wanted, thinking that she had no right to ask me to not do things. It was tiring, constantly trying to work out how she was feeling to broach the conversation with her, but love doesn't come easy, I knew that.

I climbed into bed beside Leah, the false smile still glowing across her face as I turned to face her, gently pushing her hair back from her face.

"I haven't forgotten, you know." I whispered.
"Forgotten what?"
"Our number three." I pecked her lips as I spoke.
"We don't have to, Al. We can wait until you've done the tour. You love being on stage, I know how much you love it."