A Weird Cat

Cooper stumbles over himself when he attempts to leave the scene as quickly as possible. Cooper quickly gets back on his bike and speeds away, to get as far away as possible from that horrid house. Cooper pedals fast as if he was taking part in a cycling race, the image of that, thing would not leave his mind. It's pitch black body, almost as if it was a shadow that was turned into a living being. It's five disturbingly human eyes, staring deep into Cooper's soul, almost as if it knew that he was there.

Cooper made it home. He unlocked the door, his mom's car was not there so she is still at work, he has time to himself and time to process what happened. Cooper enters his home, it is dark, makes sense, the lights are turned off to save power while no one is home. Cooper turns on some lights to brighten up the place. He then grabs a snack from the pantry, a bag of chips. Cooper enters his room with a bag of chips, planning to spend the rest of his day watching random Youtube videos and playing video games with his friends. On his bed is a weird looking cat, just staring at him. Now this is just a cat, a weird looking one, with larger than normal eyes and it's two front paws facing opposite directions, but still a normal cat. That doesn't change the fact that Cooper jumped back when he first saw it and is still kind of scared by it.

"How did it get in here?" and "Why is it in my room specifically?" and "Why does it look like that, was it born that way or did something happen to it?" were all questions that raced through Cooper's head. Cooper then calmed down and just went to his desk to do what he was going to do, which was just do nothing and procrastinate homework. Cooper just puts on some video essay that was on his recommended, grabs his controller and turns on the console and the corresponding monitor, he is going to stay like this for awhile. The cat then moves from Cooper's bed to his lap. Despite Cooper still not trusting this cat, he pets the cat as anyone else would do in this situation.

Cooper stayed like this, playing video games, chatting with friends, eating chips, and occasionally petting the cat, for about an hour. Every so often, Cooper goes back to wonder where this cat came from and whether he should trust it or not, but then usually Casey or one of his other friends would say something funny and that would snap him out of it. 

After a while, Cooper's mom came back home. Cooper stopped what he was doing and went to greet his mom. Cooper went downtown stairs with the cat following him.

"Hey mom, how was work?" Cooper said to his mom as he was making his way down stairs. His mom turned to him and responded.

"Work was fine, how was your day sweetie?" Cooper's mom responded. She messed with her honey blonde hair tied into a large bun on the top of her hair to keep it in place.

"My day was good, mom." Cooper responded. Cooper walked to the kitchen and grabbed a glass and filled it with the sink tap water. The cat followed him and sat next to his leg.

"Oh, you found the cat, nice to see it already likes you." Cooper's mom said, smiling. Cooper choked on his water for a second and then spoke.

"Wait, you know about this guy?" Cooper asked, slightly surprised.

"Of course, I let him in here before I left for work this morning. Did you think he just broke in and stayed here?" Cooper's mom said.

"Maybe..." Cooper responded, slightly embarrassed.

Cooper's mom lightly chuckled and then sighed. "I love you Coop. Anyways, your little friend is staying until we find a shelter that will take him, or until we find a home for him." Cooper's mom said. "And if neither one happens, we will keep him."

"Very nice to know mom." Cooper responded. While drinking his water, he just gave a thumbs up.

Afterwards, life was normal and nothing too interesting happened. Cooper worked on homework. He had dinner when the only thing slightly interesting that happened was Cooper's mom bringing up the Perez house and hoping that Victoria is okay. All Cooper would think about is the weird ghost thing that he saw that would forever haunt him. After dinner, Cooper got ready for bed. After getting ready for bed, Cooper got into bed and under the covers, ready for tomorrow. The lights are off and the cat is sleeping next to Cooper.

Cooper rarely dreams during sleep, and even if he does, it is always vague and blurry and always forgotten afterwards. Tonight was different however, this dream was extremely vivid. The dream was very fast paced and as if it was snippets but he could clearly make out several things to piece it together. The dream started with him running in the woods west of town, it was dark with only the moon lighting the woods. As he looks up to the moon the dream cuts to another scene of what he thinks is a subway train with several of the ghost like things he saw in the Perez house as passengers in the train, except they are different. These ghosts are shorter, about the height of a small child and instead of all the freaky eyes they wore white masks with pitch black eye holes that covered their faces. There were four of them and they all looked at where Cooper was standing. The dream then cut to a white mask with a red crescent moon painted on it just floating and then turning to where you could actually wear it. The dream then cuts to the Perez house and shadowy black tendrils sprout from the ground beneath the house and drags it underground. Then the dream cuts to a dark room with purple threads lining the spherical room and a flat web like floor also made of the same purple threads. From the darkness emerges old televisions with spider-like legs towards where Cooper would be standing. At this point, one scene flashes right after each other and it gets cryptic but still understandable. First a white mask with a circle with a vertical eye and surrounding dots painted on it burns. Then a quick shot to some VHS tapes next to a T.V in a green room, similar to Victoria's. Then a cult ritual in the woods takes place around a bonfire in the woods with shortly after the shadow black tendrils stab the cult members in the chest. Then finally, with screaming now being the only sound heard, Cooper looks up at the moon, it is larger than ever before and now has five eyes in the same position as the ghost thing.

The alarm goes off. Cooper then sits up straight, quickly turns off the alarm, sweating bullets. That wasn't a dream, that was a premonition, a vision of sorts. Then, and right then, Cooper knew that something was deeply wrong with his town as he looks at the cat and then out his window.