Chapter 53: The woods

Start from the beginning

"Get up, you wreck." She walked over to me and pushed me.

"Leave me the fuck alone!" I screamed at her.

"Or what? What are you going to do?" She put her hands on her knees and bent down until she was close to my face. "Will you drown me in your tears?" She tilted her head to the side with a small smile. "Look at you."

"Leave me alone." I got up from the ground and grabbed her shirt.

"That's it. Hit me." She set her cheek. "I know you want to."

I raised my clenched fist but couldn't bring myself to punch her.

"Come on!" She screamed. "You think you're going to help them if you can't even hit?"

"Help them? I can't help them. No one can." My voice broke. I let go of her shirt and lowered my fist. "We lost." I shrugged my shoulders. "We lost and it's my fault."

"So that's it?" She snorted. "You're giving up."

"They've already won. Why keep trying?"

"So I sacrificed everything for nothing? You may not hit, but I fucking will." She took two steps towards me and her fist hit my cheek.

"You always wanted to kill me, so do it. Kill me." I straightened up. "Do it."

"You've always been many things, but never a coward. To take the easy way out of this madness? That's pathetic even for you."

"And what do you want me to do?" I raised my voice. "Everything is gone! Frederik has Lucy and Killian. God knows if they're still alive." I bit my tongue at my words.

"Someone takes something that's yours and you just let them have it?" She frowned. "No way."

She stepped back and raised her leg which hit my stomach. I fell to the ground from the impact and grabbed my stomach.

"Come on!" She approached me and kicked me again in the stomach with the tip of her foot. "Get up bitch! Are you going to let me hurt you? Is it really that easy?" She hit my stomach again, and this time it hurt a little more. "I'm not surprised they're gone. You can't take care of yourself, let alone them." She snorted and leaned towards me. She ran her hand over my face and brushed a strand of hair from it. "But it's not like you were interested in them. Maybe that's what you wanted. To lay with someone and ruin a kid's life.

I'm not surprised you're one of the best white snakes out there. I have to say, I didn't think much of it when I first saw Lucy, but now? Ohhh, she's going to be one of the best. Just imagine all the new methods they will use to torment her in the future. New technologies. Do you think she will last?"

I froze at her words, sadness turning to anger. My blood was boiling in my veins.

"Or maybe she will break like a dry branch. Easy and..." I didn't let her finish. I grabbed her by the neck and stood up.

Her back hit a tree behind her, her head hitting the hard wood, causing her to hiss in pain.

"Take her name out of your mouth." I said between my teeth and squeezed her neck.

"That's the Eris I know." She smiled. "Take that anger and use it. Come oooon."

"Burn in hell."

"Me? Why not the management?"

"You don't get it, we can't get to them. Not anymore." I loosened my grip on her throat, but did not remove my hand.

"Do you really think that? I thought you were better. Forget Lyssa, think like Eris. Someone took what's yours. What are you going to do about it? Are you going to let it go or take back what's yours?"