ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ

❝ 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚝 𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚜 ❞

🌠

Vivid green radiated through each individual strand of grass strewn across the baseball field into one neatly mowed patch, sliced off as a perfect square and painted in all the right places for the sport to be played upon it. Trees rustled behind the fences layered behind wooden benches, taking a deep sigh of relief the winds weren't as rough as the afternoon that brought Robotnik's ghastly storm. Cars took the road running alongside, finally with no fear of emerald electricity tearing them to shreds and using every metal shard to their villainous advantage.

The doctor was gone for good, and since his unquestionable defeat the town of Green Hills settled back into life out from under the torment of a bad guy's unexpected reappearance. Now the local people could go about their daily business with no arising concern, everything under control. Early evening sunbeams dappled over the baseball field, glowing a pale gold and being broken down in soft flow from the shadows stretched far over the field from the players.

"It's truly a beautiful day for baseball here in Green Hills." Sonic announced, a microphone rested to the table placed aside the marking signalling the beginning of the game to amplify his voice across the pitch.

"An exciting lineup today with the debut appearance of two new players!" He continued, beaming with enthusiasm. "On the mound, rookie sensation from across the galaxy: Miles "Tails" Prower!"

Tails patted the little white ball in and out of his glove, one hand in particular ready to shoot through his role of the pitcher. He glared down in determination until his name was announced, jerking up slightly and waving around to his fellow players subtly as he felt some sort of greeting was needed. He had never been in this position, highlighted through "rookie", only ever having watched Sonic play it alone the night he discovered him so many planets away, and he was reminded by Sonic's mentioning of his origin "across the galaxy".

"Facing off against the powerhouse: Knuckles the Echidna." Sonic concluded, his voice growing loudly and deliberately deeper as he reached Knuckles' name for amusement purposes.

Knuckles glanced at the bat in his hold, weaving the wooden item he had never laid his vibrant violet eyes upon in the whole of his life around through the movement of his wrist. The "powerhouse" held his body with strength and confidence, but his expression lacked as such. His muzzle was softly scrunched above his nose, and his eyes slowly squinted from obvious perplexity. Sonic stifled a laugh, the tribal echidna clearly having no idea what this game would include, his following question proving the point.

"Um. I don't understand. Why am I angry at the enemy ball?"

Sonic found it hard to wipe away his silly smile, Knuckles' inquiry surely serious. He cleared his throat and simmered it down, the echidna's beady glare still pressuring him to a point of nervousness although no desire to fight was glazed through it compared to past experience. It was hard for him to wipe that away, his new friends trying to teach him about fun over the last few days to start him over on a less aggressive side.

"You're not angry. You just want to hit it as hard as you can and then run around the bases." Sonic explained, gesturing the running action to Knuckles with his fingers.

Knuckles still looked confused, watching the hedgehog's fingers spin around with his eyes following the real life bases they mentioned. The concept was easy enough to understand, square plates slapped at certain points when the painted versions on a larger scale came to the tip, but the part about hitting the ball and having to run all the way back to where he started seemed ridiculously pointless. It seemed unnecessary, and the befuddled echidna couldn't refrain from smacking in another query.