ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝕋𝕎𝕆

❝ 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛? ❞

⛵️

Rise of an early morning splashed the enriching shade of gold to the sky that rapidly progressed to become its signature vivid blue, although desired to bask in the tender flavour of aureate just a little longer.

Surrounded by the comforting company of pine trees that stretched like a luscious green blanket for miles, the Wachowski house sat.

Sunbeams projected from the expeditious development of dawn's crack reflected from the windows, illuminating the cozy accommodation with a welcoming sparkle.

As well as further highlighting the presence of a certain little hedgehog.

Sonic and (Y/n) had returned home from their chaotic adventure in Seattle during the nightfall that had passed all too quickly, the pressure of the sun wanting to glow in the sky rather than the ghostly moon forcing such a spectacular aspect of the night's sky to slide away.

Sonic became a cobalt vein pumping with the adrenaline of the escapade while trying his absolute best to remain unnoticed, the sun glistening between his quills and adding unwanted vibrance to his signature shade.

Quietly, he slipped over the roof of the house after dropping (Y/n) off at the back door as the most convenient route for her to sneak in and reach her bedroom to pretend nothing happened.

But Sonic had a much more advantageous method. He pressed his hands still a little dusted from the floor of the robber's van to the delicate tiles of the roof with his knees nearby, slipping a few fingers to the circular window leading to the attic after his emerald eyes scanned through the glass tinted by the morning sun to confirm no other presence.

He flipped the glass so the window would open completely, his little fluffy body discretely slipping through and swiftly landing to his bedroom floor without a sound.

The impact of him landing to the floor toppled a bowling pin from a nearby table, however, but the hedgehog's lightning fast reflexes saved it before it could vibrate a signal of his arrival to the rest of the house.

Sonic gave a sigh of relief, raising himself up and slowly pressing the toes of his sneakers engraved in gravel to the floorboards and hoping to be able to move without what he had already predicted to be inevitable escaping the microscopic gaps between them.

"Ah, come on!" Sonic whined, the floorboards squeaking as if to shout to the rest of the house that he had returned and drop him into a hazardous trap of trouble he desperately wanted to avoid.

After the inconvenient creak occurred from the pressure in multiple intentionally careful steps that only required contact from his tiptoes, Sonic raised a foot to examine to sole of his shoe to locate a source that could be activating the boards' frustrating movement.

With no luck finding this, Sonic noticed something else brush his gloved fingers when pressing the dusted bottom of his shoe. Something sticky. Something scrumpled. Something suspicious.

Sonic snatched whatever it could be from his shoe whilst returning it to the floor, eyes widening.

"Uh oh." He whimpered, clutching the dirty banknotes that grinned in the golden glow of his room's fairy lights and the smile of the sun as prefect evidence for his escape.

Frantically, the little hedgehog's emerald eyes sparkling in nervousness swept the room for somewhere secretive to store such an item, a frown carved into his fluffy face as he did so.