ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼

❝ 𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚎𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝 ❞

🚨

The moon glowing in ghostly silver and illuminating the darkened sky with a suspicious mist anxiously bit its lip from the action taking place below. The tarmac slapped to the road glinted in the same light, but not with the spellbinding shine it would normally furnish the landscape with.

Red flickers added to the gleam of the asphalt, the police car skidding from the trash heap that was now the Wachowski residence into the road riddled with sharp turns waiting to pounce.

The little fox with a determined frown across his muzzle steered the car around said corners, the vehicle almost flopping to its side from the jerked movement. Sonic groaned with his brain frazzled from both the sharp turns and memories of what had just happened. (Y/n) cowered in the back seat, keeping an eye on another crimson glow that followed them at an alarming pace.

"He's still behind us!" She screamed, jolting forward from the fox's brash acceleration to avoid what stalked them.

Sonic shrieked from what appeared to be a simple luminance of evocative red in the distance of the moist dark in consequence of the drizzle of rain before all this chaos had ensued chasing the vehicle. But deep down, they all knew what it really was, hands stabbing the ground to pursue them at the correct pace to sneak up just behind them with a pounce like a jaguar hunting in the depths of the jungle with the same dampened air.

Knuckles.

The fox took another bend that rattled the car inside and out, Sonic releasing a final squeak like the hiss the wheels provided to scream for him to stop driving so recklessly. With a glance to the back window dusted in droplets of rain, the fox perked up from recognition of the sparks of red slipping further into the distance.

"Wow. Okay, let me just say, it is an honor to finally meet you, Sonic. Is it okay if I call you Sonic? Everyone calls me Tails. You're probably wondering why." The overexcited fox who introduced himself as Tails squealed like a fanboy, not letting Sonic sneak a word in edgeways as if his sentences were like a water fountain fluently spewing them one after the other.

"Let me guess. Because of the extra tail?" Sonic replied, seeming unimpressed but with the intention of his miserable expression being the panic about to reach boiling point.

"That's right! I should've known you'd get that." Tails grinned, waggling both tails as if they could understand their own mention in conversation and wanting to highlight their presence.

"Cool. Also, what is going on?!" Sonic stated, the volume of his voice increasing and tone shifting to a frenzy of alarm once blending into the inquiry he so desparately needed an answer for.

"Robotnik's back? And who is Clifford the Big Red Rage Monster?!" He shrieked, leaning to the shoulder of his seat to peek where (Y/n)'s eyes remained glued to like a security watch, but with a chuckle to his comment.

Knuckles remained on their trail, as close as if a blazing fire was spilling from the car itself in the way his sparks of energy leapt from his pounding feet. Tails dismissively scoffed at the echidna's mention, although he knew the topic electrifying the road needed to be addressed.

"That's Knuckles. The last of the echidnas, and the most dangerous warrior in the galaxy. He's obsessed with finding the Master Emerald." Tails explained, the car zooming down the road that conveniently blended into a straight path for the discussion to receive the attention the curves did before.