prologue

The soft breeze of the fall wind blew through the nursery walls, the queens and the kits were at rest except one singular kit. his paws trembled underneath his own weight as the fluffy figure turned away while carrying his brother. the look of terror stayed on the small brown kits face as he watched his father pad away. he let out a wail of sadness as the figure was no more. 

The paws of a larger cat crept towards him as he dug his face into the ground. "Hello little one." the old cat spoke quietly to him. he sprung up in surprise of the sudden noise, tears running down his face as fast as a torrent. The large cat looked down, not recognizing this kit. "You aren't from this clan, or sun clan." The kit looked up at him with pure confusion on his face. The black cat looked around, but nobody was there. 

He crouched down, picking the kit up by his scruff. He kept wailing for his father. the tall cat padded towards his den, laying the kit down in the moss bed. he stopped crying.

"I suppose i should uh.. tell you my name shouldnt i?" he whispered to the kit. "I am crowstar, leader of moon clan." crowstar smiled. "Hmm, i suppose i should give you some sort of name we could call you until we find your parents." the kit stared at crowstar, waiting for him to say anything else. "BumbleKit? how about that." Bumblekit stumbled forward, laying down next to crowstar.

"There has to be someone looking for you, right?"