"A place where magic is right at your fingertips," I answer eventually, holding a hand out to catch one of the star-like snowflakes, just like Y/N had a few moments ago. The snow twinkles in my palm before quickly melting. 

"Did you take us here?" Y/N asks curiously. 

"You did."

"I did? How?"

"When you thought about how magical it was," I explain briefly, then seeing confusion in her eyes, I continues, "You thought that briefly when we were kissing just now."

I watch as comprehension dawns on her features. Then a disbelieving smile spreads across her face. 

"You mean, I did magic?" she asks, then she claps a hand over her mouth in awe.

I laugh, nodding my head slightly. I can't help the thrill of happiness that runs through me at her excitement. 

"Of course. It's not just me who can do magic. You believe in magic now too, and when you believe, it becomes real. That's why I always say that sometimes whether you believe or not is more important than if it's real or not. Because by believing... you make it real."

Y/N looks at me, her eyes full of wonder. 

"I guess this is what you've been trying to help me understand all this time," she says quietly, and I nod, a small smile spreading across my face. She finally understands. The amount of joy I'm feeling is enough to make me slightly dizzy. 

"I'm really sorry it took me so long," she says, smiling sheepishly.

"You're worth the wait," I respond quietly. I can see her cheeks turn a light shade of pink as she lifts her eyes to meet mine. A few moments pass in silence, and I just study her. She really is the most beautiful person I've ever met. And not just physically beautiful. She's been my friend for so long. She's seen me at my best and my worst, and yet she's always stayed by my side. Over the years, she's been my only anchor to reality--and sometimes sanity. Y/N is caring and genuine, and that's what makes her really beautiful. A wave of gratitude washes over me as I look at her. What would my life be like without her? I'm afraid to even imagine it. 

Another gust of wind sweeps through the clearing, blowing the flower petals and snow around again. This time, the wind is cold. I see Y/N shiver, and her arms come up to hug herself. This spurs me out of my deep thoughts, and I extend my hand. 

"Shall we go back?" I ask. She nods quickly and takes my hand. My fingers tingle as they entwine with hers. Suddenly the scene around us seems to melt, like a chalk drawing when the rain hits it, and we're back on the street, where the dim street lamps cast a warm light on our surroundings. Y/N stares in wonder for a moment and meets my gaze again. I smile gently, and she smiles back at me, and the look practically melts my heart.

There she goes again, eating away at my resolve. I want nothing more than to kiss her again. But I won't. That's dangerous territory now...

Instead, I allow my hand to gently brush her cheek before taking a step back, hands in my pockets once more. 

"Now go inside," I say, nodding in the direction of her house.

"Alright, alright," she replies, waving her hand in defeat. "I'll come and see you tomorrow."

I nod, my heart fluttering at her words. She takes a few steps backwards, as if she wants to keep looking at me for a while. She pauses in her retreat for a moment. 

"Goodnight," she says, smiling as she gives me a little wave. At this point she's just stalling, and she knows it. 

"Go!" I say with a laugh. I don't think my heart can take this much cuteness. "I have to make sure you get inside."