Chapter 5: Birds of a feather

Start from the beginning

'You know I can't leave, I'm forever a part of you now,' The Beowulf told Jaune with a chuckle, 'I'll always be a part of you as long as you kill! As long as you feel hatred! As long as you feel fear! As long as you feel inferior! As long as you feel loneliness! Because that's all you feel!'

Jaune grit his teeth, "Shut. Up." Jaune told it.

'You're weak! You're afraid! And you're nothing!'

"I said... SHUT. UP!" Jaune cried

'ADMIT IT! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT PROTECTING VERNAL! ALL YOU WANT NOW IS RAVEN DEAD!' The Beowulf roared.

Jaune pulled his chest plate out of the river and swung it at the Beowulf with all his might and an angry yell, but he fell forward and onto his stomach, as the Beowulf disappeared, however, Jaune still heard its vile laughter.

Jaune got back up and his free hand balled into a fist but then went back to washing his armor. As he did though, he thought about the Beowulf said and when he did, he wondered if the Beowulf was right about Vernal and Raven.

Did he really not care about Vernal? No... No, he cared what happened to her, she was the only friend he's made out here. Was all he wanted as of now the death of Raven? He would admit, he wanted Raven dead, all of his anger and hatred was directed toward her, but... he was more worried about Vernal. He wanted her safe, wanted to make sure that nothing like what happened the night before ever happened to Vernal ever again.

But he knew he couldn't stay here, they both couldn't say here.

'But how...?' Jaune asked himself, 'How can I and Vernal get out of here?'

"If you wish to leave you will show me your strength leave on your own terms..."

Jaune's eyes widened with realization at the memory of Raven's words. If he wanted to leave, he had to show Raven his strength, and if he was able to beat her in a spar, he might be able to leave and hopefully, with Vernal.

Jaune decided that was what he was going to do as he finished cleaning his Armor, and walked back to camp, but as he did, he reminded himself that he simply couldn't just challenge her without a plan, after all, she was a pro-huntress and one of the most wanted people in all of Remnant, so beating her in a spar was not going to be easy.

Jaune thought hard, trying to form a plan in his head on how to beat Raven. Raven had speed, a dust blade that bypassed his Aura, and her skill with a sword surpassed anyone he knew, even Pyrrha.

So, how could he, a person on par with the average huntsmen student just learning his skills, and just awakening his semblance the day before, possibly beat someone much more powerful and skilled as him?

Meanwhile, and much later, Raven was pouring a cup of tea for the guest across from her, and then a cup for her. She set the teapot down and grabbed her own cup and took a small sip before setting it back down and looking across from her at her guest.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your unexpected visit, dear brother?" Raven asked with a smile

Qrow looked at his tea, but pushed it a little to the side, tea was never... well as Yang and Tai would jokingly put it, his cup of tea. He then looked at his sister with a small grin, "Can't a brother visit his twin sister?" he asked

"Of course, but I know there's more to it than that," Raven said "So why don't you spit it out, Qrow?"

Qrow shrugged but continued to smile, "Well, ok, I am here to see you, but to also warn you, and do a favor for Oz real quick,"