Y/n started thinking about him, the way his long black hair would softly conform to the shape of his face, and his deep soothing voice. They thought about his patience whenever they had nightmares, and his bitter sarcasm that never failed to amuse them, always sparking a small sensation in them. They thought about the way he smelled, the anise, tea, and soap that always drifted around him. They remembered the stark cold that appeared in the house whenever he left, and the soft warmth when he was there. It was all fascinating to them. They were truly infatuated with him.

However much these things made Y/n slightly smile, turning a slight shade of red, nothing could compare to the joy they felt when he truly smiled.
But slowly as they thought and the time shifted to 5:45, a thought started to creep into their head as they rested it against Severus' outstretched arm. Y/n decided to pick up a piece of his dark hair and fidget with it as they continued in thought.

Wait- I have feelings for Severus? I mean, I know I do, but for some reason they feel stronger than I expected.
I do miss him when he's gone, but I doubt he likes me back.
I can already sense the look he would give me if I told him.
But I do so hate keeping secrets.
Plus he's a legillimens, if I don't tell him soon he'll find out on his own.

I'm not sure I can stand not knowing either way, I've got to tell him!

« I have feelings-» Y/n abruptly whispered, cutting themself off when they realized they had spoken aloud and Severus was still asleep.

« Yes..? » Severus suddenly replied, speaking slowly. His voice was still thick from having been too recently woken up.

Surprised he was awake, Y/n decided to take their chances while he was still in a tired state.

« For you. I have discovered that I have romantic feelings for you and I have to tell you because I don't want you to- » Y/n was cut off as Severus placed a hand over their mouth and seemed to pause for a second.

Now I've really done it haven't I.

« You haven't done anything wrong dear. I just need a minute to think through what you just explained to me. » Severus calmly replied, reading their thoughts.

Y/n was filled to the brim with nervous energy, scared of his response, and unable to make a coherent decision to do anything that might be a correct thing to do in this situation. The word 'dear' coming from his mouth gave them butterflies.
They were frozen, waiting earnestly for his response.

« I may also feel affectionate feelings for you as well, Y/n. Is this why you came to see me? » he finally replied, breaking the silence.

A wave of relief washed over Y/n, and they felt a steady blush run across their face.

« I was getting lonely without you. » they murmured quietly.

Severus nodded at this, and leaned down, placing a soft kiss upon Y/n's nose. « As was I. »

This succeeded in making Y/n turn a deep shade of crimson. They responded by silently burying their face into his hair, wrapping their arms around him, and freezing up. As one usually does when embarrassed. Severus stroked the back of their head, running his fingers through their hair before saying slowly, as if deep in thought,

« Would you care to let me take you somewhere this evening when I get back from teaching? »

Asking his spouse out for a first date was an odd experience for Severus, and he frowned slightly.

« Of course! » Y/n replied, still hiding their face.

« You would have to stop hiding first if you wanted to come along. » he replied, seemingly amused.

In truth, he was still stunned by the Y/n's confession, and almost wanted some time alone to process everything. It wasn't that he didn't have strong feelings for them, but that he had been trying to suppress them to make Y/n feel more comfortable, and would need to pull them back out of himself again to truly show his affections to them.

« Only since you asked so nicely. » Y/n huffed, peeling themself away from him.
Their face was still red, and as they rolled onto their back they avoided his eyes completely. He watched them intently for a few seconds before he sat up.

Y/n instantly missed his warmth and looked over at him quietly.

« I believe I have to get ready now » Severus calmly stated, the clock read 6:10 am. His monotonous voice betrayed a hint of nervousness as he woke up more and realized that he too had shared his own feelings. « I suppose I'll let you sleep in awhile longer, as you don't have anywhere you need to be. Breakfast can be found in the great hall and I believe you know where to find me. » he continued.

Y/n nodded and yawned in spite of themself, letting him tuck the blankets around them and plant a small kiss on their forehead.

« Alright » They yawned again, settling back into the bed to get more sleep as Severus stepped out of the room to get ready for work.

*~*

Y/n felt a sense of peace settle around them but they didn't sleep in much, instead, after lying in bed and thinking for an hour they got up to look around Severus' rooms.

Y/n was aware of the rudeness of getting in others' business, but their curiosity was burning inside of them so harshly it felt unbearable. They looked through his book shelves, mostly consisting of potion books, and nonfiction of various subjects, but there were a few old, dusty ones that seemed to be of some dark fantasy genre. Like if the real Grimm tales were made into a book series. Which was quite interesting to think about.

Next they moved on to his desk, which held several piles of paper which looked to be half graded essays. This was less interesting to think about.

After a thorough inspection of his rooms, finding nothing and everything terribly interesting, the clock now read 8:15 am.

Y/n decided to take a shower and find some food before they started their own work.

They walked into his bathroom, locked the door, and removed their clothing carefully before entering the shower and turning the cool water on. When they had finished washing their hair and body they carefully stepped out, using one of Severus' towels to dry off, they redressed in fresh clothing.

By the time they were done with all this they were terribly hungry, so they fled to the great hall, jogging slightly. They had made it through several of the dungeon corridors and just outside the potions room before they felt a hand grab their wrist suddenly. They turned around in surprise to find Severus frowning at them slightly.

« No running in the halls. » he stated simply, but his hand shifted so that their fingers were intertwined, and Y/n gave him a small amused smile.

« Of course not Sev, apologies. »

He raised an eyebrow at the nickname but seemed to tolerate it for the moment. He gave their hand a squeeze before lettering it slip back out of his fingers and abruptly spun around and returned to his classroom. It appeared that classes would be starting shortly and it looked like he still had work to do, so Y/n continued their journey to the great hall. (Walking this time.)