Chapter 15: First Pawn Candidate

Start from the beginning

She might've need to do something that requires the presence of a boy, but why is it so secretive that they need to meet up at night where no one was looking and could be seen?, and it appears to be a great deal for Karuizawa since she was thankful to Hirata for agreeing to it.

My instincts told me to follow Karuizawa, so i did, we pass by other places and it appears she wasn't going back to her dorm yet.

Slowly but not suspiciously i followed her, i was still wearing my uniform  but without my blazers on, while Karuizawa was wearing a simple T-shirt and a skirt, contrary from her being a 'fashionista' that she calls herself to, meaning that she was pro in choosing what clothes to wear.

However the Karuizawa i was staring at doesn't seems to be a pro in fashion.

She was leaning on the railings staring at the vast night sky and sea.

I couldn't help but also stare from the night sky, the sky was black and vast, filled with a bunch of stars scattered on it, this was a good place for relaxation and maybe releasing some stress.

If there was a shooting star that would appear right now then i would wish for it to land straight to Suzuki....literally.

"Pretty..." i heard her mutter, she looks like a child staring at the night sky.

I didn't thought that Karuizawa would like the stars nor would gaze at the night sky. She was more like someone who would stay up all night talking in the phone.

It was true though, the night sky was really beautiful, the cool and dark feeling was a perfect moment for the scenario that happened in the mirror.

Two outcomes were shown, however there was also a chance that another outcome would be the finale.

Only time would tell.

I went to a near vending machine and  went to buy two cans of coffee.

It made a mechanical sound that alerted the one i was following.

"Huh, Ayanokoji-kun?" Karuizawa noticed me instantly, the mechanical sound of the vending machine, revealed me.

"Yeah, Good evening, i didn't know you were here?, waiting for someone?" i asked her even if my cover was already blown up.

She was suspicious of me, as she put her arms around her waist.

"Are you stalking me right now Ayanokoji-kun?, even if we're friends that's a going overboard." she moves closer towards me as she looks me straight in the eye and stops three feet away from me.

"Why did you think so?" i asked as i opened the can and take a sip.

She points at the other can i was holding.

"You already know i was here, so you decided to buy two cans of coffee and gonna give it to me right?" she said as she made an attempt to grab it.

Before she was able to, i raised my hands that was holding the can of coffee.

"Hey!, didn't you buy two so you can give it to me? "

Why would i spend my points for you?

She jumps up but she couldn't reach it, i was taller than her and my arms were also longer making it difficult to grab it.

"I'm here to stargaze and this coffee is my reserve for later"

I didn't have any plans to stare at it. Stars could be compared to us, they live for an amount of time then they die.

"Too much coffee...is bad...you know!" She struggled to complete her sentence as she keeps on jumping to get my can of coffee.

"Snatching someone's coffee is bad too"