Chapter 7: The Fair <3

I was searching through my wardrobe having trouble finding the perfect outfit to go to school. Not really for school, for hanging out with Reed. That's all I could think about. It was driving me nuts. He probably just wants to hang out as a friend, but to me it was much more.

*After School*

After I had gotten off the bus, Reed was already waiting outside his house. (His parents pick him up from school, instead of making him ride the bus.) I waved at him as he smiled.

"Hey, Reed!" I shouted. "So what have you got planned for me?" I joked.

"Well... I guess we'll see, now won't we?" He winked at me.

To me this didn't feel too much like we are friends, it feels more like... no. That couldn't be true. I shook the thoughts out of my head.

His mom was driving us to wherever he was taking me...

The car pulled up to the fair. My mouth dropped.

"Reed, how'd you know I loved the fair??" I asked.

"I didn't. All I knew was that I liked it." I laughed at his statement.

"Go have fun kids!" His mom said smiling.

"Wait, we're going alone?" I asked, looking at Mrs. Deming.

"Well, yeah. You don't want your old mom slowing you down." His mom winked at Reed..

"Welp, thank you for the ride here, Mrs. Deming." I smiled.

"Call me Jane." She said, giving me a wink as me and Reed hopped out of the car.

"What do you want to do first?" He smiled at me.

"Eat." I blurted.

He jokingly glared at me.

"What?" I asked him. "I'm hungry, gosh." I said while laughing.

"What do you want, then? There's corn dogs over there, you want a corn dog?" He asked.

"Sure. I love corn dogs." I winked.

After they handed us our corn dogs, we walked over to a picnic table and sat down.

"Thanks, Reed." I smiled.

"Anytime." He smiled back.

*After Finishing Our Corn Dogs.. Lol*

"Ready to hop on a ride now?" He asked, anxiously.

"Um... why don't we just..." I hesitated. "Um... play a game? Yeah. Lets play a game first."

He looked at me confused, then shrugged. 

We walked up to the game where to win you had to knock over 3 of the bottles with a ball. Which, to use the ball cost a dollar. It seemed like Reed was paying for everything as he handed his money.

"You know, I could've paid for that myself. You really didn't have to do that, you already bought me a corn dog." I said looking at Reed.

He threw the ball and knocked down 3 of the bottles.

"I wanted to." He smiled, not looking at me, but at the man handing him the stuffed animal that Reed picked out. Reed, then handed it to me. I couldn't help but smile. A blush crept on my cheeks, as I tried hiding it behind the stuffed bear, Reed won for me. Reed pushed the stuffed bear down, off of my face. 

"Why are you blushing?" He smirked.

"I'm not. It's just really hot here. I'm from Michigan, you know?" I jokingly asked.

"Yeah." He said. I looked at him confused. "Yeah, I knew you were from Michigan." He smiled. "Now, how about those rides?" He asked. 

I've always gotten sick on rides at the fair. They span so fast. He looked at me with worried eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said quickly and quietly, while fittling with my fingers.

"There's something wrong, Sam. Why don't you want to ride one?" He asked.

"I always get sick. I didn't want to say, only because I didn't want to, like, ruin our day at the fair." I said, still looking down.

"Sam, it's okay. Really, it's no big deal." He smiled. He looked down at his phone. "Sam, my mom just texted me, saying that see's here, and to start heading back towards the parking lot." He said.

"Okay. Thanks, for the bear, by the way. I'm not sure if I already mentioned that or not." I giggled.

"You're welcome." He winked.

We started walking in the direction the parking lot was in. Then, my clumsy self fell right over. 

"Are you okay, Sam?" He asked.

"Yeah." I giggled. "I'm really clumsy... sorry." 

"It's not your fault." He winked while holding out his hand to help me up. I accepted his hand and got up to my feet. He didn't let go of my hand. I gave him a confused look. 

"This might help you not fall?" He said while looking at our hands.

"Yeah. Um... it might." I smiled.

We walked up to the car and his mom saw us.

"Ooooh." She said. "Are you guys a thing now?" Reed shot his eyes down to our hands.

"What? No, mom. We're just friends." He said, releasing my hand. I frowned.