Fate At Work ???

Karishma was intrigued by that report, she flipped through the pages and found them filled with images, cluttered mind maps and some random scribbles which probably were notes. She wanted to learn more about the case and the sharp, intelligent and  mysterious " Lone Wolf " who has found the loopholes in the otherwise clear looking case and also has claimed the report to be personal. She decided to keep the file with herself and continue reading the case in her room. She hastily finished her record sorting work and left the store room, the case file held firmly in her hands.

At the same time...

The Intelligence Organisation Headquarters.

It was quite late at night and Haseena still had her head immersed in a file, working intently on something, her brows furrowing in concentration. Her concentrated stare at the file was broken by the abrupt ringing of her phone. She picked it up from her desk and held it to her ear, not bothering to look at the screen for the caller ID of the person calling her this late at night because she already knew who it would be. 

" Ji Ammi, kahiye kya khidmat kar sakte hain ham aapki ", she spoke into the phone while finally looking away from the file and rolling her eyes knowing what was about to come.

" Are aap kya khidmat karengi hamari, aapko to apne kaam se hi fursat nhi rehti. Aap bataiye ki ham aapki kya khidmat kar sakte hain ", a bold voice said from the other side, clearly taunting the former. 

Haseena sighed at her mother's complaints about her being at work this late and replied in a soft voice, " Ammi, aap jaanti hain na ki jab bhi ham der se ghar aate hain matlab kisi jaroori case ya mission mein busy hote hain, aur fir ham aapke sath vakt bita ke apni gair maujoodgi ko compensate bhi to karte hain na. Aapko to garv hona chahiye ki aapka bacha desh ke liye itni mehnat karta hai, aur aap hain ki hame daant rahi hain ", she finished with a pout.

" Acha thik hai, mana ki tu apne kaam mein mashroof rehti hai, par itna bhi nhi ki apni Ammi se din mein ek baar bhi baat na karo, eklauti bachi hai tu meri, mera bhi man karta hai ki mai tujhse baat karun, teri khair khabar lun ", Ammi said in a childlike voice.

Haseena giggled at her mother's antics and said, " Hame maaf kariye Ammi jaan jo ham aapse baat nhi kar paye, darasal hame kal hi Base Training Camp ke liye nikalna hai, wahan pe ek seminar mein hame as a chief guest invite kiya gaya hai. Aur kyunki ab ye baat ho hi rahi hai, ham aapse puchna chahte hain ki kya aap bhi hamare sath chalna pasand karengi, aap hamare sath vakt bhi bita lijiyega aur naye logon se bhi mil lijiyega ", Haseena finished knowing well that her mother would agree readily.

" Hn hn, ham chalenge na tere sath. Tu bata kab jana hai ". Ammi said in a childlike excitement.

" Aap kal subah taiyar rahiyega Ammi, ham aapko pick kar lenge. Aur kuch jaroori samaan pack kar lijiyega, do din ka stay hai hamara. Ham apna jaroori samaan already pack kar chuke hain ", Haseena told Ammi and then hung the call after wishing her mother a good night. 

She rested her head back on her chair and took a deep sigh. She was feeling increasingly excited for the whole trip, and it was really confusing for her. She had been to many such seminars and had met many impressively brave and patriotic cadets, but something was wrong with her this time. She was trying to calm herself down but the bundle of excitement bubbled up in her chest was far from calming down. It was as if her life was about to be altered forever, that she wouldn't be the same again.

But years of being a headstrong agent had taught her how to steel her emotions, when required, and keep going. She did the same this time and finally immersed herself in her work again.

The Next Morning...

At The Training Camp...

All the cadets in the academy were gathered near the bulletin board and excited chatters filled the atmosphere. Karishma was coming out of her room hurriedly, afraid of being late and scoring another punishment, when she saw the other cadets flocked near the bulletin board. She made her way towards them and navigated through the crowd to find the source of their excitement and what she saw made her smile widely. On the board was the information regarding the seminar that was to be held at the academy tomorrow and along with it were the details of the Chief Guest who had become a constant mystery for the cadets since the time they were first informed about the seminar. It was none other than Haseena Malik, Head of IB (Northern India)

Karishma had always considered Haseena her role model, the level of success Haseena achieved at such an early stage in her life made her an inspiration for many. She was a great leader and Karishma had always wanted to learn from her. The thought of finally meeting her inspiration gave Karishma an insane level of happiness. She happily skipped towards the training ground, thinking about the seminar and amid all this chaos, she forgot about the secret report file, stashed safely in her room, waiting for her to unravel it's mysteries.

The whole day, she was filled with excitement at the prospect of meeting Haseena tomorrow. There was an excitement within her, of finally meeting her inspiration, the person she looked up to, but she also felt an unexpected thrill. As if this chance encounter would lead to something huge. Something she hadn't even thought of in her wildest dreams. 

Unknown to the journey lying ahead of them, both the PARALLELS embraced the uncertain feelings in their hearts head on, hoping that whatever turns out of them is the best they could expect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello MSians 😀😀😀

First of all, a hugeee sorry for being this late with the update.

We were caught up in some work and kept pushing the update forward 😅😅😅

But we'd try our best to be more punctual.

Till then...

Do you think it's Fate At Work again ???

And how about the great mysterious Lone Wolf 🤔🤔🤔

Do vote the story of you like it and share your feedbacks and appreciations in the comments.

Until then, Stay Safe 😊