Chapter 20

31st Of August, 1992

The end of the summer vacation came too quickly for the kids' liking. They were looking forward to getting back to Hogwarts, but their vacation to many countries had been the happiest of their lives.

On their last evening, Helena and the house elfs made a sumptuous dinner that included all of the kids' favorite things, ending with a mouthwatering treacle tart.

1st Of September, 1992

It took a long time to get started the next morning. They were up at dawn, Iris once again whining about the fact that she couldn't go to Hogwarts yet, but she became happy when she was told that she would join her brothers next year.

After everyone had eaten breakfast, all of the kids went to take a shower because they wanted to look their best on the first day of their second year. After everyone was ready, they all apperated to platform nine and three-quarters, and just like the previous year, Helena gave the kids tight hugs. After that, everyone got on the train and went to find a compartment.

The train ride was normal; Damian and Hermione read all the way to Hogwarts, while Harry thought about his summer and the amazing time he had spent with his family on vacation. After a while, Arcturus and Harry started to play games. A little while later, Neville also joined them in the compartment.

Finally, the train arrived at Hogsmeade station, and the group of friends exited their compartment. Unlike last year, they made their way over to the carriages with the other non-first-year students.

Harry looked at the carriages, and he was confused because he couldn't see what was pulling the carriages. He was standing there just staring at the carriages for a while. He realized that he was holding up the line of students and quickly made his way into the next carriage to get up to the castle.

The sorting was nothing spectacular. Apart from a new Weasley, this time it is a girl and a blonde girl named Luna Lovegood. The Hat switched up his song ever so slightly, and the new students got sorted without any delay.

Harry looked down at his empty plate. He just now realized how hungry he was.

Albus Dumbledore stood up and went to the podium. "Welcome!" he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I have a few start-of-term notices to give you. First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch."

"And finally, I welcome Professor Gilderoy Lockhart, who has agreed to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

There was some very enthusiastic applause. Many older girls almost fainted at the chance to have him around for an entire year. Lockhart stood up and blew a flying kiss, and this time some of the girls actually fainted.

"Thank you!" Dumbledore said, and he went to sit back down. Everybody clapped and cheered. And then the feast started, and everybody started eating.

The food was excellent, and after finishing their food, they all went to their house dormitories.