I kept on asking the same question while staring at the letter Marwin Sunster has provided me. When he left for his residence last time, he promised that he will send men to search for this place.

I sighed and kept the letter back on the table. This information is crucial since it holds the territory where the enemy made home.

The door opened, revealing an excited Nathaniel. He had an envelope in his hands, sealed with a colour of wax I slightly recognised.

"It is from Quenisa," he said, clearing my doubts. "The Messenger is waiting for your reply,"

He handed it to me carefully as I took it, with my heart beating at a fast pace. I had been waiting for this for the whole week but at this moment, I was a bit nervous.

With a deep breath and assuring thoughts, I opened the envelope.

"Fellow King, Xander, this is me, your cousin, Feros Zykese. We barely met as both of us were burdened with the duties of overseeing a kingdom. Regarding your previous letter, I am pleased to assist you in your war. I will be ascending to Anthreal within two months and discuss the matters personally. I shall await your response,"

I couldn't help but smile. I put the letter on the table and paused for a moment, making this ever more real. I looked at Nathaniel, who returned an anxious look.

"A yes," I told him.

He smiled as he could and I further told him the details.

"Now...we have to wait for the other kingdoms to reply," I said, resting my hands on the chair.

"I just had an unsettling notion, Your Majesty..." He replied, sounding void of any emotion.

"Go on,"

"Who would be the enemy's allies?"

I paused, thinking about it. Who would support my uncle for his cause? According to me, there were no such kingdoms around Anthreal who have a dispute with each other. My grandfather saw to that.

Remembering him, made me fall to a startling conclusion. Before I could even think about discussing it with Nathaniel, we heard a voice outside.

"Prince Eliot wishes to meet His Majesty,"

Nathaniel quickly approached the door and opened it. The young man stood there, in his bright blue apparel, smiling warmly.

"I leave on the morrow. There is something I have to speak to you about, brother. Do you have time to spare?" 

Brother. "Of course," I replied with an unsure smile. I glanced at Nathaniel, signalling him to leave us alone. He nodded and walked out, closing the door.

Prince Eliot took a long look around the room before glancing at me.

"Bit too big for just a man, isn't it?" He asked casually. "Bit too lonely too,"

"Well, you are not wrong, to start," I sighed, pointing toward the chair in front of me. "What brings you here? You should be with Catheline,"

"Well...it is because of her that I am here,"

I looked at him, confused. Does he want to speak to me about my wife? For the past few days, I did not have much time to spare. Sending away Hilan Corrington made me quite upset. He was an excellent ally and a man I could trust. He insisted that he wanted to leave but assured me that he would come back.

My brother-by-law took his seat and looked uncomfortable for some reason.

"Is there anything wrong?" I questioned while sitting in my chair.