6

*A/N* –I completely forgot wattpad existed and that I had a story out. oops. im gonna post a few more old drafts of this (maybe I'll finish it someday; we can only hope), so I apologize if any grammatical errors occur considering I'm barely proof reading them–

The week had gone by pretty fast, and soon, it was Friday. The gang and I were in our goodness class when the bell rang, and as usual, we all started to pack up and head out. However, we were stopped by Fairy Godmother.

"Children, excuse me, but, um, as you know, this Sunday is Family Day here at Auradon Prep. Because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat." A smile spread across her face.

Whatever that "special treat" was, I didn't have a very good feeling about it. She pushed a button on the monitor in the front of the room, and we stalked over to see our parents struggling with how to work their own. I stood in the front of the group since I was the shortest and could see that the adults were sat in the living room of our shared home.

Finally, they got the screen turned on.

"Evie, Quinn! It's mommy! Oh, look how beautiful you two are. You know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall from from the tree." Evie and I smiled at our mother.

"You mean the weeds?" Maleficient asked, ripping away my smile.

Cruella then shouted, "Ugh, who's the old bat?"

"This is Fairy Godmother," answered Mal, trying to keep the conversation peaceful in front of the Headmistress.

The adults then bickered, per usual, before it turned into a full-fledged argument. Soon, we had all had enough of it, and Jay turned the monitor off.

After a few quiet moments, Fairy Godmother said, "I'm so sorry."

"Thanks for the special treat," Jay told her. We grabbed our stuff and left.

"M," Evie spoke with a quivering voice. "What do you think our parents are gonna do to us if we don't pull this off?"

The leader thought about it. "I think they will be quietly disappointed in us but ultimately proud of us for doing our best."

"Really?" Carlos questioned.

"No, I think we are definitely goners."

~~~

It was now Sunday, Family Day, as we walked together in the fresh air, looking at all of the happy, reunited families. It was so bright and cheery, enough to make a person sick, but that was normal here.

Seeing how close all of the families were struck a low note in me, but I couldn't do much about it. I had family, even if it was found more so in friends than blood.

When we arrived in the courtyard, Jay and Carlos found their way to the chocolate fountain and started to ransack it. I stood with Evie as Mal was called over to Ben.

"So," I started, "How's it going with Dopey?"

She blushed. "His name is Doug, and nothing is going on."

"Is that why you're blushing?" I picked up a marshmallow before popping it into my mouth.

She just smiled, turned even more red, and walked away.

~~~

Soon after, Evie had coaxed me over to talk with Queen Belle who had started a conversation with her.

"So, how are you two liking Auradon?" the Queen asked with a warm smile, one that seemed so motherly.

"Well, I like it," Evie answered shyly.