Fire of nightmares

Começar do início

Now the imagine I've created in my head finally gets a face but there's still a lot missing. The glowing globe on her table spins and changes colors. Different shapes and colors appear and they catch my attention because I feel like I can recognize something in them. But I see something else.

The Ancestral Witches.

They look so real and they even move, as if they are trapped in that little globe. I can even hear their voices. It's almost scary. Miss Faragonda has a really good way to visualize her stories. It always makes me feel like I'm watching a movie, just more intensely. It makes me understand better. Even though I know it's not real, it's making me shiver.

"When the big dragon created the universe, he dropped a spark of his flame in the darkness. The Ancestral Witches found that spark and formed it into a boy who should conquer every magic dimension. Valtor is that spark. That flame." Her explanation makes me hold my breath. For a second my stomach drops at her words. I'm not sure if I heard right but even if I did, it will take my brain a while to comprehend. What she said is unbelievable to me. He isn't just a simple wizard who is really powerful. He is almost the origin and beginning of everything. Should I feel honored because I got to meet him? I don't know.

Then it dawns on me.

My jaw meets the floor and I struggle to choose my words. There are questions. Too many but I start with one.

"Valtor is their son?" I ask and she nods with pity. It makes me feel sick to my stomach. There's an awkward feeling inside me. It eats me from the inside and I feel sick. This is such a big deal. Bigger than I thought. What did I get into?

Valtor is the son of the Ancestral Witches. He belongs to them. He is the semen they planted and raised. The thought of that gives me endless goosebumps. I knew that there was something dark and mysterious about him but I would have never thought that he could be a part of them. The biggest shock about this all is that he saved me today. He saved my life, although he should've been fighting me because that's what all of them do.

We all noticed that he has a huge amount of dark energy and black magic but that's not what he made me feel. That's not what I sense but apparently I am wrong. My body is fooling me because this power feels great. Apparently I have no idea about what is actually going on and who he is. My first encounter with him already told me that he's not a normal magical being but it didn't make me believe that he could be one of the bad guys. Yet I should've known. His confident and intimidating appearance told me everything I need to know.

"We have the same power source...? That's why I always feel his presence?" I ask, a little upset because I believed that I've always been the only one with the power of the dragon and his aura is so different than mine. We're the opposite of each other. He's strong, sharp and bold while I'm hard and fast. I haven't seen him use fire yet. Well I didn't have the chance yet.

"You can feel his presence?" She raises her eyebrow, totally curious. Apparently she hasn't heard about that yet. That makes me worry because if there's something she doesn't know or hasn't heard of, it's a problem.

I nod. "I can. All the time. It's like he's always around and when he touched me I felt like my power got stronger than ever. It's a feeling that I can't explain. I just felt capable of doing everything" I try to explain it to her but I realize that I'm way too tired to organize my thoughts and speak or keep listening. This is too much for my brain. Too many emotions, too many questions and too many answers. My brain can't fit all the information right now.

She fixes her glasses and clears her throat.

"That's explainable. You both carry the power of the dragon. As well as you can feel dragons and their energies, you can also feel him and he can feel you. Although you both are connected I would like to give you advice. Stay away from him." The end of the sentence catches me off guard. She speaks so softly and calmly but there's this harshness in her voice when she tells me to stay away from him. She is serious. It's not an advice, it's a command. She barely does that so it means it's really serious. That's scary but I will obey her because she has her reasons. Her reasons are valid. She knows more than we all do.