Lance

The two led off to where the Mutraddi was last seen. They investigated the dead half of the beast, leaving Lance on his own.

Little did they know that a small bit of the Mutraddi monster was in Lances proximity.

It's small slick for was the length of his forearm and width of three fingers. It crawled the mass of tree limbs on the swamp floor. It had three eyes. Two on each side of his head and one in the front.

It scurried along Lance's leg and up his torso. It stopped at his gut. Rising and falling at the same pace as his breathing. It listened to his slow heart beat.

The creature went farther up his broken body. It stopped again at his face. The head twitched and stared at his mouth. It was slightly open allowing air to escape. The curious creature Nudged his lips and pried them apart.

Slowly opening his mouth to full width as it entered him. The size of jaw was pushed to its limit and the protectors eyes opened wide to the feeling of intrusion. It clawed at the back of his throat and slithered down.
His throat bulged out as it entered his esophagus.

He wanted to yell or call out for some sort of help though he knew it would never come. His chest tightened as it went down into his stomach. It nestled itself inside of him.

He struggled to sit up in pain as he pulled his shirt and jacket up to reveal a bloat to his abdomen.