Save Me: Part 9

Save Me

Part: 9

As I walked out of Layli's hospital room, all I want to do is hide away in a far away land. She has been tormented by Tiffany and her minions for years and I saw just a couple days ago, Layli shove a knife into her own self. Just because of the mean things they've said or done and she was going to kill herself.

If I wasn't there, I would not even be able that pretty smile come upon her face ever again.

Blake and his girlfriend are going to repay for all of this. I swear.

"Hey, hey Drew!" My roommate Eli greeted as I walked through the door of our condo. I smile slightly at him before plopping down on the sofa next to him. In this pretty spacious two leveled condo, there were four of us.

Eli, Jake, Luke and I are all good friends. I met them when I moved to California, Sophomore year. We had mindlessly started a band to get my mind off of—things—and when we found out that I was moving back here, they packed their bags and moved in with me.

Eli works at a bar, Luke is a painter, and Jake does different jobs every now and then. We are all in our senior years except for Eli who is in his first year of college. Somehow, we manage to pay rent and buy a lot of musical equipment to help our band.

"She's still asleep?" Eli asked me closing the TV and turned to face me. What I love most about these guys, is that whenever they see that you are having an issue, they stop what they're doing and want to know what's up with you.

They listen really well and even though they are all twisted in the head, they always have something good to say.

I knew exactly who Eli meant when he said "she" because Layli's been the only girl I've actually talked about. The night of the incident, as soon as I called the ambulance, I then called the guys. They came to meet me in the hospital and gave me some nice support.

They all know why I haven't gotten many sleep.

"She woke up a while ago—"

"So, why the hell are you here?" Eli interrupted.

"Her mother is apparently in Las Vegas and Sunshine needs a place to stay and get back on her feet." I explained. I call Layli "Sunshine" with the guys because her hair has a nice sun kissed glow to her hair.

Corny and not so creative, I know.

"You are an idiot!" Eli yelled out. "There's something called a cellphone. you could have just called us to make sure the the spare room is set up for her! Your head sometimes...."

"I mean, I had to get permission from all of the guys!"

"Well, I am the eldest so everything that happens passes through me! You could have just called."

"Okay, I'll pick her up and—"

"Go!" Eli orders me. I get up and grab Eli's car keys. I can't exactly take a wounded person on the back of motorcycle. When I got to the hospital, I filled some papers to allow me to take Layli home since I'm not really a family member.

I walked up to Layli's room and opened the door to see her crying. I ran to her side in a panic.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying? Did something happen?" I asked. Layli sort of pushed me away and wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

"You are an idiot! Why didn't you let me die?" She sobbed. I suddenly went from panic mode to anger. Not because I helped her and she doesn't appreciate me but because she is actually saying those words to me. Why didn't I let her die?

"Let you die? I don't want you to die and I know that you don't want to die. I know that—"

"She will come back at me. If I killed myself, she would stop. All of the bullying, the mean words, the mean notes in my locker, they would all stop." Layli said softly into her hands. I went by her side and put wrapped my arms around her.

"If you killed yourself that night, you would never be able to stand up for yourself and be the real Layli who I know is strong. You wouldn't also be confessed by somebody who loves you with all their heart. You would never know how sweet life is when you take a stand and start to love yourself." I said. Sunshine stopped crying and was now into sniffles.

After a couple minutes, Sunshine escaped from my embrace and wiped her tears completely. She then looked up at me.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" She asks softly. Didn't she already ask me this?

"I— because some genuinely has to." I say honestly. Her face showed obvious signs of not believing me from the wavering eyes to the raised eyebrow.

**

"You got everything?" I asked Layli as she lays down on her bed. We were at her house to grab clothes for her to stay at my place for a couple weeks. The doctor said that she was supposed to relax and stay off her feet. After a couple weeks, he will take the stitches out and she will be able to go to school.

School work won't be able to be missed and not turned in for Layli because I am in all of her classes and I am a really good tutor. Just like my mother always says, "Once you've got a good education, you can be anything you want to be."

Layli groaned slightly before I went and helped her get up.

"Yes, can we go now, I'm tired." She says with a puppy eye face. I nod and off we were. I have never been inside this house before and I am very kinda happy that I never did before. It's so cold, literally and emotionally. The hallways were dark and spacious. It looked gloomy and just sad.

I guess this all happened after Layli's dad left her and her mother. I went and asked people when I first arrived to find out what happened to the Layli I had left behind. The Layli that was always smiling with Blake and even though she was bigger than the other kids, she would still walk down the halls with a smile.

I wanted to find out why I had come back to a girl who separated herself with society and permanently had a frown on her face. I got my answer in great detail. The people at school know more about Layli's life than they would with Kim Kardashian's! But now, I seem to have gotten the whole story. The part where the bullying from Tiffany and other's comes in.

"You're scared." Layli said interrupting my thoughts. I shake my head a little and turn my key into the engine.

"Of what?" I asked.

"Of my house. It's really sad and gloomy in there." Layli admits. I could see the sadness in her eyes as those words escaped her mouth. I nod before driving way from the sad stricken house and into a nice, comfortable environment which I call my home.

I put arm around Layli's waist to help her walk as we enter my house.

"You are going to love it here," I said opening the door. "It's really fun, supporting and just—" I stopped my speech to see what I had walked into.

All of the guys were in their boxers only with shades on. They were humping the air and playing loud music.

Well, f*ck me..

Hehehe, the end was a little....idk. Hoped you liked this! -Rudi