Attitude Flip

Once we got to the premiere everything Megan ever taught me came rushing back and I was able to move Chris down the carpet in a timely manner. I was standing off to the side when I saw Chris taking pictures with Kiki Palmer and Taika. I felt my phone got off in my pocket.

MEGAN: Been watching live coverage, you are doing amazing getting him down the carpet.

RORY: Thanks.

MEGAN: You okay?

RORY: Yeah, just...I don't know...forget it.

MEGAN: If there is a problem you need to tell me.

RORY: There is no problem Megan, it's fine. I need to go work.

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked at Chris who seemed to be looking at me and I gave a small smile. Once we were done with everything on the carpet we headed inside. I got Chris backstage and hugged Taika when we go back there.

"You all set?" I asked Chris and he nodded.

"Okay, I'm to go sit with the other assistants." I said and went to walk away.

"Wait, what?" Chris asked confused.

"Chris I'm not meant to sit with you." I said and he groaned.

"Oh okay, um...I'll see you afterwards I guess." Chris said and I walked away.

"Wow you got it bad." Keke said to Chris once I was out of earshot and Taika just laughed.

💙💙💙💙💙

Once the movie was over I got Chris to the car and it started to head back to the hotel.

"Chris, the after party, you have to make an appearance." I said panicked.

"I don't want to. I want to salvage some of my birthday to just me." Chris said and I sighed.

"If word gets out you didn't go to the after party Megan is going to come after me." I said and he sighed gave a small shrug. I just groaned and laid my head back on the seat. Once we got to the hotel we walked in and headed directly to the room. I went to go change and as I came out of the room in some leggings and a t-shirt I saw 3 guys standing there and I knew who they were all too well.

"Mark, Kyle and Danny. What are you all doing here?!" I asked in shocked.

"You think we were going to come into town to celebrate our it's birthday?!" Kyle asked and I groaned as they pushed past me and Chris came out of his bedroom excited to see them.

"Chris, we have an early flight tomorrow. You can't be hanging out late." I said and he just looked at me.

"I'm a grown man Ro." Chris said and I just half nodded.

"Right, well have fun going out and don't fuck up. I'm not fixing messes, neither is Megan." I said.

"Kind of hard for you to clean it up when you don't know much about the job." Chris said and I just looked at him confused.

"What the hell Evans?!" I asked pissed off knowing this was a flip from how he had been acting.

"I'm going out Rory." Chris said and they walked out. I groaned and sat on the couch. I pulled my phone out. I dialed Megan's number.

"Hey you stuck at the after party?" Megan asked with a chuckle.

"Uh no, Chris wanted to come back to the hotel to celebrate his birthday but then Kyle, Mark and Danny showed up."

"Damnit Rory! Did you let him go out?!" Megan asked.

"What was I supposed to do Megan?! He told me he was an adult and he was going out." I said.

"You need to get a backbone and stop him!" Megan said.

"I'm not you Megan!!! This isn't my job!" I yelled.

"Right because you dont have a job right now!" Megan said. Megan then groaned as I felt my eyes fill with tears.

"I actually do have a job that I can't do right now because I'm covering your ass. Maybe I will just fly home tonight and leave Chris to fend for himself." I said and hung up on Megan.

Truth was I did have a job, it wasn't an amazing job but it was a job. I was a web designer for up and coming business but I was freelance and could work whenever and wherever I wanted.

I went to my room and started packing my suitcase, I was leaving tonight and going home. I didn't fucking care how Chris survived on the rest of the stops we had.

💙💙💙💙💙

*****CHRIS POV*****

I walked in the hotel room door a few hours later after getting a late dinner and some drinks with the guys. I didn't go too far and I had tons of voicemails from Megan to prove that Rory called her. The room was dark so I turned the light on and headed down to the guest room, I needed to apologize to Rory. I made as ass of myself and I needed to apologize. I knocked on the closed door and got no answer. I opened the door and crack and saw an empty room. I figured she went out in her own so I just went into my room and saw a note laying on my bed.

-Chris,
   Yeah, not sure if you've noticed by now or not but I'm gone, I'm not cut out for this job. Megan made that clear tonight when I didn't stop you from leaving but you said it yourself, you're a grown man right? Sorry to do this Chris, I'm going to try and find a replacement assistant for you while Megan is at home. Happy Birthday, hope it was worth it.
Always,
     Rory- 

I groaned reading this note and rushed back to her room. I turned the light on and noticed all of her stuff was gone. I fucked up and bad. I didn't know if I would ever be able to make this right. I ruined a good thing before it even got started again.