Chapter 13: Life After Halloween

Start from the beginning

"Goodmorning," Hermione suddenly greeted from the stairs. I turned around, trying to hide my surprise at seeing her. Had she heard us talk?

Well, if she had, she didn't show it at all. She smiled warmly to me and sat down in a chair, looking at the both of us.

"Did you guys get in any trouble?" I asked, even though I already knew they hadn't.

"No," Hermione said, looking at Harry. "But I'm not sure how."

"Can we talk about what really happened now?" I asked, turning back to my brother, who was a bit quiet.

"No. We said after breakfast!"

"There'll be students trying to listen in on us after breakfast."

"I agree," Hermione interrupted our argu- ment thoughtfully. "There's no one here yet. Better do it early..."

"Shouldn't we wait for Ron?" Harry looked almost desperate by now.

"Harry, c'mon!" I scoffed at him in annoy- ance. "You know basically everything about my life. Now tell me what's happening in yours!"

"It's complicated Lu..."

I scowled and started pacing in front of the fireplace in frustration, while Hermione looked between us with a worried look.

"You wanna say my life's simple? You're not the only one with problems Harry!"

"I know that!" Harry yelled back. OK, he was gonna get it now. "You just... wouldn't understand."

"Stop it," Hermione tried to calm us down. I however, didn't listen.

"So? It's not like you understand me, but at least I let you know-"

"That's not true, you haven't let me in at all!"

"WAS I SUPPOSED TO?" I was now yelling and both Harry and Hermione flinched. "I CAN'T JUST LET YOU IN ON EVERYTHING HARRY, ACCEPT THAT!"

"Well, then I can't let you in on this either Lu!" Harry yelled back, but he also looked hesitant.

"GUYS STOP IT!" Hermione suddenly stood up yelling at us. "People can hear you two, alright?! Do you want people to hear this all?"

I knew she was right and indeed, on the stairs were a couple of students staring at us.

Without a word, I stormed out of the Common Room, out of the castle. I needed space, fresh air.

*~*

Harry's POV:

I was in even bigger trouble now. And so was Lucy.

"Merlin, that girl has a temper!" Seamus breathed incredulously. Dean and Neville looked shocked as well.

"I have to be honest, I was kind of scared for you there Harry," Dean added.

"Leave it," I snarled at them. "Just stay out of it please."

The boys shrugged and left together, Neville looking back at us doubtfully before following.

"Well that was stupid of you," Hermione finally said, sitting back down. "Now everyone will know about this too. Anyway, you should go talk to her Harry, she deserves to know."

"I can't Hermione, she's my little sister, you don't get it!"

"I do," Ron suddenly interrupted, coming down too. "I have a little sister too y'know. But Hermione's right. This isn't about pro- tecting her, it's about more than that."

I groaned at the timing of my best friend. Just great Ron, thanks. "If I tell her, she'll try to help too! It can only get her in danger!"

"But at least she'll understand. She'll be careful..."