11

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the Highledge!" Firestar jumped onto the rock the moment all cats were back in camp. The cats that stayed back at camp came out too, worry one of the expressions on their faces.

You and your friends skidded to a halt after Firestar said the words.

The scent of blood and hostility was still in the air because no cats were treated yet.

"That wasn't a disaster." Squirrelflight said.

"Not until ShadowClan arrived." Brakenfur muttered. A few cats agreed.

You licked your flank gently, the flavor of blood stinging your tongue. Your power needed time to kick in.

"Yes, but RiverClan didn't seem surprised about the attack. All warriors were not in dens and the kits were inside. The apprentices weren't going about their duties too." Brambleclaw yowled, raising an uproar.

You hoped the scent of hostility and blood would drown out your fear scent. You shared a glance with your denmates.

"The Gathering is soon, and we must attend it. WindClan wasn't there, so they can't do anything about the upcoming argument, but it seems like ShadowClan is with RiverClan." Firestar mewed. You felt your skin closing in and mending the scratch on your flank.

"We're outnumbered." Sandstorm mewed.

"Yes." Firestar nodded. "But ThunderClan has the most warriors." 

"You're right." Ashfur said, glancing at Squirrelflight. You snorted. Mousebrain.

"We just have to recover for the Gathering." Firestar jumped down, dismissing everyone.

Most cats headed for the warrior cat den, but your power was already finished.

"Hey Ap/n! You have a lot of blood-" Mousepaw stopped short when you looked at him. 

"What?" 

"I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to the medicine cat den with me. But you don't have any wounds." Mousepaw scurried away.

"Bye." you said to no one in particular.

"Hi."

You leapt on the cat that had startled you. He ducked but was caught with your paw. You saw sightless pale blue eyes.

"Sorry Jaypaw. I'm just jumpy from the fight."

"No matter. Not really anyway." Jaypaw stretched out. "Leafpool taught me a few battle moves. It took a while." 

"No kidding." you flexed your tail.

"How was it? I couldn't find Hollypaw or Lionpaw, they're probably goofing off or something." Heh, classic Jaypaw.

"It was terrific! RiverClan totally expected it and was ready!" you said. "Sorry that sounded weird." 

"Yeah it did. But seriously, our warning worked right?" Jaypaw crouched down and swiped at a beetle.

"Yup. They owe us now!" you exclaimed.

"Who owes what now?"

"Lionpaw and Hollypaw ate a mouse me and Ap/n was sharing a long time ago. They owe us prey." Jaypaw shrugged Brambleclaw's question.

"Better harass them now." Brambleclaw chuckled and left our convo.

"I can't believe you were ready for that." you muttered.

"I wasn't. I'm just good at lying." Jaypaw said smugly.

You pushed him. "StarClan no you're not." 

(Timeskip)