the sound of your voice carries me home

Languages were so complicated. It was something that always confused Ingo. Languages had made it even harder to adjust to Hisui.

They spoke in a strange language, one nearly unrecognizable to him. He could vaguely remember some words, but most of it sounded too weird to process. He tried his best to keep up the language, but it was always easier to talk in his own.

...

He's heard of another sky faller. This one was just a child, and they joined the galaxy team. Ingo wasn't expecting to meet them verrry soon, they seemed busy with survey work.

When he first met them, it was completely off the script of what he imagined. Now that he had met them, he forgot what he imagined before.

The sky faller had seen him and had a look of instant recognition. They had smiled so wide (a smile so familiar) and then they talked.

"Hello! You're Unovain, correct?" It was his own language. The sky faller knew where he was from, and they knew his language!

"You know this language?" Ingo asked.

"Yes, of course! It's such an interesting one, basing so much of it's saying and words around Truth and Ideals. Much different than my home language, Kalosn." The last word was definitely a different language. But he recognized that one too.

Language became a bit more simple after that. The sky faller would rant and ramble about the different languages they knew. They'd compare Hisuian to it's modern day counterpart, Sinnohan. They'd dissect every bit of the languages, diving into the symbolizim and purpose and reason of including legendary pokemon into the language.

It made Ingo feel at home. The more he talked in Unovain, the more memories felt closer and solid. It was a comfort to have a little piece of home with him the words he used.

Sometimes he forgot to slip out of his home language, leading to much confusion within the clans. Sometimes he cussed with his own language, making people even more confused.

The best part of it all was when the clans started using sayings and swears from the sky faller's and Ingo's languages. It was incredibly funny to see Irdia mentioning Truth and Ideals with just as much passion as she has with Space.

———

might finish later