two brothers

All around them, nothingness. Complete and vast nothingness. All there was was them, nothingness and the... light?

It wasn't exactly a light, but a movie. Showing the many wonders and creations and movements of the world. Feelings and thoughts. People and pokémon. Wars, peace, heros and villains. It flowed throuhj the "light", impossible to pick out one thing and focus only on that. In that "light" stood It.

It was strange. A being nearly incomprehensible to people. But just enough where they could name It, sense It, realize It.

It was named Arceus by the people. And It accepted the name. It had no true name, as no true form, no true self. It was just It. None could fully realize this without gaining eldritch madness.

Enough about It. Back to our heros.

The two brothers. One small, one old. Both still so young. Both brave adventurers, ready to brave the world of pokémon.

Here they were, waiting in Arceus's world. Right where they were meant to be.

"Am I dreaming?" The oldest asked. He was carefully holding the young one, making sure not to wake him up.

"No, thou are not dreaming." It replied.

"I'm... we're... actually here?" He was confused.

"Yes." It replied.

"What are we doing here?" He held the small one a little tighter.

So Arceus told him of his mission. To seek out all pokémon in Hisui, to catch and build a pokédex. To make his mark on history. Arceus made sure to mention that the boys would not be alone, with friends all along the way. Arceus kept talking, and the boy asked questions. Good. Being prepared is the most important part of anything.

Just as It was going to send the boys on their way, the oldest asked one last question.

"Are we able to die?" As expected.

"Death will be no issue to you and your brother, little one. Keep going." Arceus replied.

And then, they were falling.

. . .

"Oh dear!"

A voice woke up the older boy.

"Are you two ok?"

The boy blinked, trying to wake up. It took a second to register where he was. There was sand beneath him, the air was humid (thank kyogre) and the sea was right by them...

Oh right. They were in Hisui.

"Please respond!" The professor, Professor Laventon if he remembered correctly, was crouched in front of them looking very worried. Oh no.

"Yeah... we should be fine.." The boy replied, looking around. He was never good with eye contact.

""That's good. What's your names?" The professor asked.

"I'm Rei, my brother's name is Evan."

"What lovely names! Mine is Professor Laventon. Do you know where this is?"

Rei answered the questions the professor asked quickly and easily. As they were talking, Evan woke up.

———

i dont feel like finishing this rn