"Drunk words are sober thoughts"

Start from the beginning

"Where did you even get the Vodka Dream? We don't usually have alcohol in the house" George escapes the statement by asking a question, Dream now clasping one hand to the railing of the stairs and pulling himself onto the next step.

"Store, after I dropped Daniel at my mom's" he mumbled, face pushed dangerously close to the brunets, as little hicks and giggles drown out his speech.

George just nods in understanding, gently guiding the man up a few more steps, until the blond stops again, finger raising from the railing, slurring his words into George's direction.

"George," he pokes the man's arm even though he had all his attention already, "I hav' a son" he says almost as if he hadn't realised it all these months. "I have a baby George".

"Yeah you do, which is why you shouldn't drink this much, now up, go" he pushes the blond's back trying to speed up the process of getting the man into his room.

He steps up two stairs, the first-floor hallway being in sight already, as he speaks to George once more.

"Yo' know what Gerge?" He hiccups as he speaks, waiting for the other to respond who just calls an annoyed "What?" up towards the man in front.

"I don wana be friens, I wana be more, I love yo Georgie" as the words fly out of his mouth, one of his hands darts back against the railing, a big tumble almost knocking him down.

George's face dropped, his heart hurt more than he ever thought it could and even he didn't know why.

"There's your room, last step, come on" he blatantly ignores the biggest statement of them all, hoping the blond wouldn't notice the strong shake in his voice as he pushed him up the last step, and in the direction of his room.

"Sit" he mumbles, pointing to the bed as he let go of the struggling man, turning on the lights.

Clumsily Dream does as he's told, taking more of a lying position on the queen sized bed, as he waits for George to make his way over to his side.

"Why did you even buy alcohol? You don't drink" George asked, as he bent down to the man's legs hanging off the bed, loosening the laces and pulling them off his feet, placing them next to the bed.

"Was sad" he mutters.

"Sad about what?" George continues to dig, already having a hunch about what the man could have been sad about.

" 'bout you dummy" Dream giggles, hand placed lazily on his chest now.

George stops in his tracks for a second, heart pumping quickly before he grabs the man's legs and pulls them onto the bed, throwing the comforter over his lower body and chest.

"What about me made you sad?" He asks quietly.

"Yo don love me. You kiss me and cuddle me but yu don lov me"

"Now who told you that?"

The other shrugs his shoulders as an answer, as his eyes start to drift closed.

"Okay, you get some rest and we'll talk tomorrow, Good night Dream" he pets a hand over the blond locks falling into Dream's face but as he turns to leave, a strong grip holds him in place.

"Don go, stay, cuddle me" the blond begs, and George is too tired to argue anymore, so he strips from his hoodie and moves around to the other side of the bed, climbing in and pressing his back to Dream's, who immediately turns and wraps big comforting arms around his chest. George loved how this felt, but he couldn't help but feel fear nagging at his bones. Was Dream only doing all this because he was drunk? How would he talk about the things the man said tomorrow? Did Dream really love him?