Chapter 12: Disaster in Hosu

Start from the beginning

"...how do you know which rules to follow? What if a rule goes against what you think personally?"

Edgeshot glances down at Kakashi but his lowered head makes it hard to see his face.

"Most rules go against what people personally think. But, I think I know what you mean. The best example I can provide would be the rule that one cannot hurt villains by seeking them out without a Hero License. Most would think that this rule is stupid. If someone is being hurt and you have the power to stop that, most would think to act against the villain. But that would be breaking the law. To that I'd say, that I have no answer. Because there are no true answers, but at the same time there are many."

Kakashi doesn't know what to think hearing that. Does he follow the rules or not?

"Are you saying that one has to chose which rules to follow and which ones to not follow?"

"No, I'm saying that some laws are set in place to bring about peace. And some laws go against fundamental principles of human nature." Kakashi feels his stare and meets his eyes slowly. "Laws like those aren't meant to be broken, but rather changed, for the better."

It seemed like the world around them had faded away, Kakashi could barely hear voices booming along in the background. It sounded so far away, like he was listening from behind a door. He can't take his eye away from Edgeshot's. He still doesn't completely understand but he's gained more than he has trying to get it down on his own.

He finally turns his gaze back to the ground and his surroundings become clear to him once more.

'I wonder if Obito had to think about these rules. Probably not. That idiot didn't do much thinking at all, most likely.'

The thought made him laugh, but he stifled it into a quiet chuckle. Edgeshot sent him a look but decided to say nothing. It was the first time he'd seen something resembling happiness on the young ninja's face.

"We interrupted the scheduled program to bring you breaking news from Hosu City. Multiple Nomus have been spotted reeking havoc on civilians and heroes alike. The Hero Killer has been spotted as well followed by this man."

To the side of the reporter, a video of a familiar face pops up and Kakashi blood begins to boil seeing the face.

"We call for any heroes in the area to immediately assist-"

Before she could finish her report, a rock smashes into the tv and it immediately goes black.

"Heh, that's what you get for taking it off my show." Kakashi watches a man walk away from the large tv screen, angry with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

Kakashi hasn't the need to force himself to move. When he came to, he was atop the man both his hands around his throat tightly. The man is chocking hard, gasping harshly as air tries to force itself between his fingers.

"H-help...me..." He tries to get out.

"You bastard! I was watching that! Where is Hosu City! Tell me!" His hands unconsciously tighten around the man's throat. He's unable to control his rage.

"Kakashi, that's enough!"

Swift and graceful movements could only describe Edgeshot as he ran and leaped off the ground. Kakashi feels his presence and turns to see him about to come down onto him. He slaps the ground and a dome of earth begins to erect itself around him.

Instantly, Edgeshot activated his quirk and swerves vigorously to make it within before the barrier closes. He does successfully and slams into Kakashi, holding him down with his forearm.

"That's the person who was first spotted with you, isn't it, Kakashi?"

He doesn't receive an answer and then feels the bodies underneath him begin to melt. His eyes widen when they fall into nothing but mud, right before his very eyes.