027. real life.

BIRDIE COHEN was a bad drunk. he was in the middle of showing a kickflip in front of the others in the livingroom when the doorbell rang. 12:00 sharp. midnight and their little get together was still going. "oh! the pizza!" steve rushed up to his feet, heading for the front door as birdie kept going, showing off his kickflip when he fell, falling right onto his ass.

he laughs with the others, "we should do something fun! like swim in steve's pool. it's heated anyway." he smiled widely at his friends who all begun agreeing with the suggestion when a shout came from steve. "birdie! it's for you!" the harrington shouted and birdie rolls his eyes. "i'll be right back," he tells the group of four and left the livingroom, rushing quickly into the foyer of the harrington home.

steve brushed past him and there stood argyle, in all of his 6'3 glory, staring at birdie with worry. "oh my god--" "birdie, come on, what the fuck?" argyle asked, stepping into the house and shutting the door behind him as the shorter sighed, rolling his eyes. "what?" he sort of snapped and argyle looked hurt for a moment, glancing around the foyer.

"why are you ignoring me?" he asked and birdie furrows his brows. "ignoring you?" he asked, pretending to be dumb and argyle sighs. "you left me on read, made all those posts and comments on instagram and those videos on snapchat, ignoring me on purpose." he says and birdie slowly raised his brows, nodding. "oh, yeah. that. doesn't feel so good, does it?" he asked and argyle sighed.

"i ignored you for one hour, i didn't do it on purpose, but you clearly are!" he says and birdie rolls his eyes. "what's with you? why are you being such a dick?" argyle asked and birdie scoffs. "i'm being a dick?" he gestured to himself and argyle raised his brows exaggeratingly. "i'm not being a dick." birdie defends himself, crossing his arms and argyle softly nods. "right, because you do no wrong?" he asked and birdie just looked away.

"because you're birdie, right? birdie fucking cohen? you can walk all over others and the moment someone does something that isn't your way, you treat them like shit and shut them out?" he asked and birdie looks up, stepping closer. "just because we're dating, doesn't mean you know everything about me!" he raised his voice and argyle huffs.

"you can talk to me when you're not being a major cunt!" he said it so vile, it made birdie shrink as he stepped back. but once it was out there, it was... well, out there. so argyle left. and birdie just stood there with tears welling in his eyes and a lump in his throat.

the others in the livingroom had grown quiet and birdie felt stuck to the ground, gulping softly and sniffling quietly. he doesn't say anything. he can't say anything. if he says anything, he might cry. "hey, bird..." steve's voice is soft and then he cries, he lets out a small sob. and the harrington is quick to his rescue, pulling the shorter into his arms and birdie cries harder, in his shoulder as nancy peers out the livingroom, watching the two with a worried look on her face.

"i got him," steve reassured her as he takes birdie up the stairs and the others came to stand by nancy, watching them, especially eddie who's brows furrow together before he turned back to the livingroom to grab his beer and finish the rest of it. in the guest bedroom, steve put birdie to bed, went to grab a cup of water and told the boy to drink it.

after taking a long sip from the water, birdie laid down his head and sighed. "do i ruin everything, stevie?" he asked quietly and the harrington shakes his head. "no, man. no... never." he smiled and birdie closed his eyes, sniffling. "but i ruined it with argy..." he whispered and steve sighs, patting his head.

"i'm sure you'll fix it. or he'll fix it. it'll work out, right? you said you hope it does and it will." he says and birdie opens his eyes. "i think i ruin things because i don't think i'm deserving of them." he whispers quietly. "you're deserving of all of it, bird. so much. and more." steve squeezed his hand in his and birdie turns the other way, sighing. "you're a good friend, stebe." he mumbled, his v sounding like a b making the harrington chuckle.

"good night, bird."

when steve returns to the others, all four heads perk up to look at him. "i made him drink some water and lay on his side, he's fine now..." he says and jonathan sighs. "well, that's good..." he mumbled and nancy nods in agreement. "can we take your parents' room?" she yawns as she stretched and steve nods.

"go ahead, not like they use it anyway..." the couple disappears off to the room with robin in tow to get the other guest bedroom and steve finally looks at eddie. "wanna... stay in my room?" he asked quietly and the munson quickly glanced up. "i thought... birdie was in there." he said, glancing away to look down at his hands on his lap and steve chuckles.

"there's no me and birdie... he's in the guest bedroom." he says and eddie glanced up. "you have two guest bedrooms?" he asked and steve nods. "oh, yeah... wanna see mine?" he asked, smiling and eddie chuckles.

"fine. yeah... let's go."

authors note
what's a fanfiction written by kyrie if it doesn't have any angst, yk what i mean?

authors notewhat's a fanfiction written by kyrie if it doesn't have any angst, yk what i mean?