Approaching them, I see them all looking at me curiously. I grabbed Bella's hand seeking comfort. She looks at me and squeezes my hand. 

We sit down and get comfortable and it wasn't long before I finished my burger and was now nibbling on some of the food that Esme made me.

''The Quilletes have been a small tribe from the beginning,'' Billy speaks up when everyone had calmed down. ''But we have always had magic in our blood!'' 

I lean forward in my seat interested fully in what was being said. ''We were great spirit warriors,'' Billy continues. 

''Shapeshifters, who could shift into the powerful Wolf,'' I see Billy look at me briefly and I smile at him. ''This embodied us to fight off our enemies, and to protect our tribe. One day, our warriors, came across a creature,'' Billy once again looks briefly and Bella and me before continuing with his story.

''It looked like a man, but hard as stone, and as cold as ice. Our warriors finally tore it apart, but only fire could destroy it for good!'' 

My mind flashes back to when I killed James. His screams as I tore him apart, limb from limb, before setting his body on fire.

''They lived in fear that the cold one was not alone, and they were right to fear,'' Billy continues breaking my concentration on my memory. 

''She took her vengeance on the village, Our elder chief, Taha Aki was the only spirit warrior left to save our tribe after his son was killed'' Billy looks over all of us.

''Taha Aki's wife could see that he would lose. A woman, of no magical ability, none but courage. Crying over her fallen son's body she picked up his dagger. With a battle cry, she plunged what once was her son's dagger into her own heart,'' Billy looks at Bella as he talks about the third wife.

''The cold one, turned around as the scent reached her, distracted, she gave Taha Aki, the leverage he needed to destroy the creature who wreaked havoc on his people!''

The images play on in my head almost like I was there when it was happening. ''She saved the village. Over time, our enemies have disappeared, all except for one. Cold Ones!'' Everyone turns to look at Bella and me as he spoke of our family's species.

''Our magic awakens, only when one comes near. We sense it now, feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming this way, and we must be ready,'' Billy then focuses his gaze on Bella and me. ''All of us,'' he nods his head at us. 

Time Skip

''Seattle is in deep terror,'' the news reporter speaks out as we all sat in the living room

''Seattle is in deep terror,'' the news reporter speaks out as we all sat in the living room. ''Police are baffled by the number of murders and disappearances. Theories suggest a new gang or a very active serial killer,''