36- Thank You

"August where are you?" I said as I hold my phone to my ear as I walk out the school building

School has ended and I haven't seen August since he left right after lunch ditching all his classes after.

"To your left, baby." He answers.

At his words I look to left and at the far end of the parking lot I see his white Jeep parked. I smile walking to the car.

"Where you been?" I ask as soon as I hopped into the passenger seat closing the door behind me.

"Missing you." He replies with a knowing smirk.

I narrow my eyes at him as he drives of of the lot, "That's corny as hell. Fess up."

"You'll find out sooner or later. For now Imma take you home, and drop you off so you can get ready for our date." He places his hand on my thigh before tapping in a pattern of eight.

My stomach whirls now that I know what the taps mean, making my heart jump and the blood in my veins buzz.

"You say that as if you don't park your car in front of my house." I chuckle.

Pulling up to my house I unbuckle my seat belt as August parks the car. "I'll see you at six, yes?" His eyes drift over to me as one hand still holds the steering wheel while the other is hanging off the console where his elbow rests.

"At six." I confirm pecking his lips before getting out of the car and going inside.

It took me a total hour and a half to get ready after taking a shower, getting dress, and doing my makeup; it was longer done than said. Luckily though my hair didn't take long since they were still in box braids so I just did a half up half down style.

I had on a black stand-up collared sleeveless body con dress that ended a little higher than mid thigh; something I wouldn't wear in public.

I debated on if I should wear actual shoes since his house is just across from mine. I could really just wear some slides but I don't want to seem as if I didn't put in any effort, but most definitely not walking across the street in heels so I'll just have to settle for some white sneakers.

I spritz some peach scented perfume on my neck and wrists before grabbing my purse and phone and walking out the house.

It was a little windy outside. The air blew and the warm colored leaves on the trees rustled while the fallen ones swayed above the ground before landing. I love fall, it's such a calming season.

I ring the doorbell of August's house and minutes later I can hear faint footsteps followed by the door being unlocked.

The door opens revealing August who's dressed in black slacks with a classic white button up with the sleeves rolled up just below his elbow exposing his forearms and the veins along with them.