Chapter Twenty-Nine- Acid Green and Red Eyes.

Start from the beginning

"You say that like it's a bag thing," Austin told her while sitting up, looking into her eyes. Before looking at her neck, the soft pulse during him in. "I... I don't."

"Austin, we need to hunt."

"What!?"

"Animals, Austin, animals."

"Oh..."

"It's easy, through some find it hard," Miranda told him her checks going a pale pink. "Until you, all I've had was animal blood, so I've barely felt the urge to attack humans, only if I hadn't had blood for a few months do I get that bad. Usually, I don't let it get that back."

"Was it good?"

"Wait... what!?"

"My blood?"

"And if it was?"

"Well... yours was nice."

"We'll need to find you a bear or something around that size."

"Why?" Austin asked his eyes still on her neck. "Where's Jerry? I can't hear him, in fact you're the only one in the room. Why isn't Danielle and Jerry here?"

"Both of them are staying in one of the cabins."

"So can I see him?"

"In a week's time."

"A week?" Austin shouted his eyes wide and Miranda quickly took control of his Motor Cortex, stopping him from attacking her. "Why won't I be able to see him for a week? Why do you think I'm going to attack you?"

"Newborns have it harder in the first week," Miranda told him. She didn't know how he would react, but she knew he would attack anyone if he thought they'd harmed his brother. "Jerry's at one of the safe houses with Danielle, so he'll be fine."

"I would never hurt him, why did you think I'd attack you?"

"I've only ran into one pure blood vampire."

"And?"

"They attacked us, but my brother was able to stop him before anyone was hurt."

"I would never -"

"I know Austin, but we're, I'm, not taking that chance."

"Only a week, right?"

"Only a week."

"Then I won't attack him?"

Miranda only looked at him, then at the floor. He felt her control over his motor cortex slip. She was hiding something from him. Waiting for five minutes, before the silence got to him.

"Miranda, what are you hiding?"

"A week, yes, but we might have to do this every month... for a year."

"Why?"

"Just in case."

"In case of what?"

"Bloodlust isn't an easy thing to control."

"And?"

"It can takes years before you have full control."

"I might attack Jerry?"

"Austin. That's the reason we're taking these measures."

"Oh..." Austin said a pout on his lips. He would never hurt his family, he would never hurt Miranda. He didn't mean to snap at her about the week away from his brother, he was just worried, since Hakan was still hanging around.

"Come on, Austin, we need to hunt."