𝟎𝟕

One week.

One week of being an 🍑hole to Yuri before going back to sweet little innocent boy wanting to learn a lot about World History, Biology, Algebra, and all that good stuff.

One week of eating strawberry tarts and cake with y/n, seething whenever she stopped to feed her attention starved husband instead before Kilian snatched the fork and shoved the sweet treat down the unsuspecting man's throat out of nowhere.

One week of learning to play chess with Yuri, playing board games with the young couple, and studying non stop with the occasional cuddle break which was rudely interrupted.

One week, and then a message from heaven arrived.

"What? You're leaving?"

Kilian paused, looking up from the Biology textbook he'd buried his face into for the past thirty minutes to give his Aunt and her husband a round eyed stare.

Y/n was in the middle of preparing a little snack, having intended to use it as an excuse to get Kilian to stop studying like a no-life and take a little brain break before he continued. Y/n knew he was determined to take in as much information as possible, Yuri was there with her, and they'd been discussing something in hushed voices until y/n spoke up.

The words "You're leaving" filled Kilian with such joy that he almost jumped to his feet and whooped with delight. He didn't, of course, his plan would be ruined if his Aunt realized just how much he disliked her husband.

Kilian tried not to look interested as he listened intently to the conversation.

"It's another business trip, so I won't be here to see if Kilian passes the exam or not." Yuri explained, "But I'll be here for the interview, I promise! If he even gets in-"

"Yuri."

"I MEAN, OF COURSE HE'LL GET IN, HAHA-!"

Y/n shook her head with a small sigh, "That's good news, but I'm a little disappointed. You and Kilian have been getting along so well recently..."

Kilian was rather pleased to know that his Aunt suspected nothing, 'No, we aren't. I'm merely using him to learn as much as possible before the entrance exam.'

"When are you leaving?"

"Sometime tomorrow afternoon."

"Hm, good." y/n clapped once with a look of delight upon her face, "Then you can take Kilian to the exam tomorrow morning."

"Wait, what!?" both Yuri and Kilian demanded.

"W-Why can't you take me there?" Kilian questioned with round eyes.

"I'm busy tomorrow, Kil, I'm really sorry." y/n apologized as she picked up the tray of snacks she'd prepared for the little boy, "I'll be there to pick you up and take you to lunch, but..." 'I really would like to see him off to the exam... but Gabe said that this was important...'

Kilian stared at his Aunt in dismay before giving Yuri an irritated look, 'Oh well... guess I have to settle for this nutcase. It's not like I'll have to spend much time around him anyways, he'll be gone soon enough.'

The little boy scooted to the side to allow his Aunt to sit down next to him, watching ruefully as she nudged the textbooks and notes he'd taken out of the way and placed the tray of snacks down, "Come on, it's time for a break."

"But I-!"

"All that studying you do will be useless if you're hungry." y/n interrupted, "At least eat a little, alright?"

Kilian let out a quiet groan, averting his gaze as he debated silently.

"If he doesn't want anything, I'll gladly eat!" Yuri interjected, taking a seat next to y/n and resting his head on her shoulder with a sparkly eyed look.