Episode 1: The Gate To Collapse

Start from the beginning

"Keep strong, Y/N! Papa has faith in you."
"Bring us some goods when you come back, okay?"
"Ya... Ya... I will."

His father and siblings spoke Indonesian. He chuckled quietly at hearing their spiriting words, as he wasn't allowed to express themselves loudly inside the plane.

"Send me the picture when you arrive, okay, son?" His mom spoke in English cheerfully, though still improper.

"Yes, mom."

After their warming conversation, he knew it was time to end the call as he saw the stewards scouting the seats individually.

"Alright, I have to end here. See you, everyone."

"Byee, Y/N!"
"Pray to God for safe arrival, okay?"
"Love you, Y/N. Good luck with your work!"

His family waved their arms to him, almost affectionately affecting him. "Love you too, all." He waved to them with a smile and ended the call.

He dropped his arm to his thigh with a sigh but was full of happy moments with them.

All the stewards were in line, demonstrating every safety step to evacuate with the announcer instructed the procedures professionally, following the standard procedure and protocols.

Afterward, they're ready to take off. The plane repositioned to the take-off airfield. Once it was in position, the plane moved faster, preparing to depart from the airport.

The g-force level made the passengers to pushed back a bit to the seat, but it was still tolerable. Eventually, it returned back to normal after it gained gliding speed.

Y/N looked through the window, watching the whole urban, the residents, and the green field lit up at night. 10 minutes had passed, and the plane climbed into the cloud, obscuring the window's view, and afterward, they were at about 35,000 ft altitudes above the clouds.

He changed his interest to the seats, which he experimented with while enjoying his luxurious flight experience.

Eventually, all the lights in the cabin were turned off, conserving some power.

———

2 hours later, the flight went well, and some passengers were already asleep. But Y/N still remained awake, entertaining himself with his gadgets.

'Wait... Why is it getting darker?'

He suddenly noticed that his cabin was covered in a dark shadow, with only the light of his smartphone glaring at him with low brightness. Feeling uneasy and thinking they had caught up in a storm, he turned his head to look outside the window.

Eyes wandered around the view, only to realize there was no sight of clouds, even the twinkling stars. Just pure black outside.

He started to feel more anxious in his heart as he moved his head forward, feeling that the darkness had consumed them.

Turbulence occurred abruptly; the whole cabin was shaking intensely. Some passengers were shocked, then they yelled in panic.

Y/N was also shocked, but he didn't yell like the others. He abruptly shifted his view back to his cabin, with his eyes widened in panic and shock. Hands gripped the lower seats tightly.

The announcer came up, declaring an emergency phenomenon.

"Para penumpang yang terhormat, Kita mengalami turbulansi yang kuat, dan kita telah kehilangan keberadaan kita dimana. Mohon untuk kuatkan diri anda, saya ulangi, mohon kuatkan diri anda!" (All passengers on board, we have experienced an intense turbulence, and we lost the path of our whereabouts. Please, brace yourself, I repeat, brave yourself.)

Ultrawoman Elea / The Light In The Collapsing WorldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara