"Giuseppe has told me all about you, which is a good thing because Francesco hasn't said a word." Giselle shot daggers at Francesco who casually sat his glass down and began to obey his mother's commands.

"Oh Giselle, I just told you not to overwhelm her," Giuseppe called over.

"Giuseppe please, just focus on the mimosas," Giselle called behind herself as she wiped her hands on the hand towel before grabbing Eleanor's wrist and pulling her away.

For a moment, Eleanor was grateful because while his mother had yet to say a word, her cold demeanor was something Eleanor wanted to get away from.

At least until she remembered that she was a terrible liar. Eleanor followed Giselle complacently to the back patio. It was something Eleanor had been dying to see in the daylight since she had seen it the night before and the view certainly didn't disappoint.

The house sat above a cliff face that showed the populated city down the valley below, though Eleanor's eye couldn't make out much from so far away. The garden in the backyard looks like large steps leading up to the edge of the cliff.

In the center of the garden was a large pool that shimmered in the sun. Eleanor let out a calming sigh, thinking that she could easily get used to this view. The peace was soon interrupted by the sound of Giselle's sing-song voice.

"We are so happy to have you here, Francesco has barely even mentioned you." Giselle's words sounded kind while accusatory at the same time.

Eleanor gave her a nervous smile, "I don't think we have told much of anyone."

"Which is weird to me," Giselle said, sweeping her long flowing skirt before taking a seat on one of the stone benches. Eleanor chose to sit opposite Giselle.

Giselle was intimidating to look at, just like all the other people in this family. Eleanor felt a knot twist in her stomach as Giselle continued.

"People who fall in love cannot shut up about it," Giselle said.

"Isn't that a problem these days? We know too much about each other." Eleanor deflected, for a moment she thought that it wouldn't work but Giselle smiled again.

"You're right, my brother is incredibly reserved these days. When he was engaged previously, he was practically shouting it from the rooftops.

"Previously engaged?" Eleanor asked, and a look of horror appeared on Giselle's face.

"I am so sorry! You didn't know?" Giselle asked.

Eleanor realized she had the chance to either lie or play along with the fake hurt she was supposed to do. Not that great of a liar, she chose the latter.

"I guess it isn't something he would want me to know." Eleanor feigned dejection, but Giselle quickly jumped in, wanting badly to not be the reason why Eleanor fled back to America.

"Probably," Giselle let out a nervous laugh, "It wasn't a good engagement, she was a royal bitch who was only after his money and status. I think the best thing she has ever done was leave."

Eleanor thought it would be best to move the conversation from her and Francesco to something focused more on Giselle.

"But he has mentioned you, I wanted to know more about you, I don't have a sister," Eleanor said.

Giselle's eyes lit up, "I only have two brothers, so it is nice to hear the word sister about me, even though it is in law. Being in this family is like a blood bond, when you walk down that aisle, you'll gain an army."