Chapter 16

Stiles had pulled back into his shell after the meeting, going to his room and curling up in bed the moment they got home.

It hadn't been fun, to see all his ex-friends staring at him, accusing looks in their eyes once they saw his glowing eyes. It was as if they thought he had somehow betrayed them.

How could he? How could he possibly betray them when they were the ones who kicked him out? Didn't they know him, know that he would never do that?

Well, apparently they didn't know him after all.

So now he was hiding. Not from his pack, the pack that loved him, that accepted him, that wanted him, but from the stares he had gotten from his ex-friends, his ex-pack, which were burned into his mind.

Stiles curled deeper into himself beneath the covers when he heard his door open and close. Soft footsteps walked over to his bed until they came to a halt almost directly beside his bed.

"Can I lift the covers, darling?" His Alpha asked, voice gentle even as Stiles felt a little bit of pressure over the covers that was Deucalion's hand settling down somewhere above his head.

For a moment, Stiles didn't answer. It was as much to gather his thoughts, as it was to see whether Deucalion would pull the blanket back anyway.

When he still hadn't after a full minute, Stiles relaxed just a little.

"Yeah."

The covers were slowly pulled away from him, and Stiles darted his eyes across his Alpha's face quickly, looking back at the mattress with a flush when he saw nothing but worry written all over the handsome wolf's face.

But where Stiles had expected for Deucalion to pull him up or sit down next to him, his Alpha surprised him. Deucalion gently eased him back a little on the bed, before moving to lay down beside him.

Stiles unfurled a little, startled at the sudden dipping of the bed, before arms wrapped around him and pulled him close. He found himself buried in Deucalion's embrace, strong arms wrapped securely around him.

"It's alright to be sad, Stiles." Deucalion spoke up once he was completely wrapped around Stiles, shielding him from the outside world. "You didn't just lose a pack, you lost friends. No one will blame you for mourning that loss, darling."

Stiles choked on a sob, trying to keep his tears at bay even as he pressed himself impossibly closer to Deucalion.

"I'm here, darling. It's okay to cry, to mourn. I'll be here for you, we'll all be here for you, no matter what. So don't be afraid to let go, but know that we are here for you."

The sincerity and love Stiles could feel through his bonds were overwhelming. The worry, worry for him that was a low constant coming from the twins, the rage-revenge-love-protectiveness that was his pack bond with Kali, the protective familial feeling that had been a constant part of Ennis' pack bond since day one, the anger mixed with sadness and worry coming from the pack bond he shared with Peter.

The absolute love, the possessive feeling of mine mine mine , the unconditional protectiveness that fairly radiated from Deucalion and the bond they shared.

It was all so much. They were all pure bonds, their feelings and emotions felt so true and natural

Tears spilled down his cheeks as sobs wracked through his chest, burying his face into the soft fabric of his Alpha's shirt as he broke down. finally letting it all out as it fully hit him, that he had lost his best friend. The one person who he thought would be there for him, always.

He let the love from his new pack fill him while he took the time to mourn the pack he had lost. Later, he'd rebuild. He would continue bonding with his pack, with his new family.