Chapter 18: The First Task

Comenzar desde el principio

I could teach you to fly.

"Tom I'm on the quidditch team I know how to fly."

Without a broom thick head.

I snorted at this. "Yeah sure you can Tom."

Don't believe me? Give me control for a bit.

"Yeah right so you can go on a rampage and kill all the mudbloods in the school."

Trust me (Y/n), when have I led you astray.

I contemplated that for a second, and I couldn't deny he hadn't led me astray yet.

"Alright fine." I said relinquishing control of my own body. It was such a strange feeling, being in my own body and yet having no control over it at all.

"Oh how I miss having a body."

I felt my own mouth move outside of my control.

Alright let's see it then Tom.

"With pleasure." It felt as though the shadows in the room were closing in on my as they swirled around my body, engulfing it like a warm dark cloak.

I felt my body lift off the ground, as I fly across the room, completely unsupported before I touched back down on the ground across the room.

That was incredible!

"I know." Tom said. "I told you you could trust me."

So can you teach me that?

"Not before the trial tomorrow." He told me. "But eventually I can."

Thank you.

It a matter of seconds I once more hand control of my body.

"How'd you learn to do that?" I asked him.

I figured it out. It's not as hard as it seems.

"Well that's a project for another day." I said thinking of how I was going to deal with the dragon. "We've still got a lot of work to do today."

I continued to practice with Tom throughout the entire day, skipping divinations and only taking a short break to wolf down food that Luna had brought for me.

"Thanks Lunes" I said to her as I sat down one the floor next to her.

She smiled widely at me. "I didn't want you to miss out on food, you'll need your energy for tomorrow."

That's nice of her. A waste of her time, but hey if she wants to help us.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" She asked me curiously.

I shrugged at this. I sure didn't feel ready, but then again there wasn't much more I could do.

"As much as I can be I guess." I replied to her, smiling weakly.

"I wish I could have done more to help you." Luna told her, slightly bitterly.

"Luna you've done loads to help me already!" I told her, pulling her into a side hug.

We remained like this for a while longer, much to Tom's protest, as he thought we were wasting time.

Tom and I stayed in the room late into the night, only getting interrupted once by Edgar, who we hid from behind a desk.

I still didn't trust him, and neither did Tom, even if wasn't Voldemort's son he was still hiding something.

Eventually, around two in the morning we were interrupted once more, this time by Moody.