Chapter 15: Back to Class

"Here." Moody said gruffly, opening the door to his office.

I found that it was full of strange objects, some of which I recognized, like the shelf full of broken sneakoscopes, and a mirror sized foe-glass, but there were plenty of things I had never seen before in my life.

"They're dark detectors." Moody explained to me, setting a cup tea down in front of me.

"You believe that I didn't put my name in don't you?" I asked Moody as I started to take a sip of the tea pausing momentarily.

It's probably fine, if he wanted to kill you he would've by now.

"It's not poisoned boy, if that's what you're worried about." Moody said with a short laugh. "Although I respect your vigilance."

I shrugged. Voldemort seemed to think it was alright. I took a quick sip of it, and after a few seconds I still felt alive.

"And no I don't think you put your name in the Goblet." Moody told me, taking a seat and pulling out his flask. "It would take advanced dark magic to do that, dark magic that is far beyond your capabilities."

We sat in silence for a moment as I slowly drank my tea.

"Why would someone want to put my name in the Goblet of Fire?" I asked, finally breaking the silence. "Harry I can understand, some death eater would probably want him dead, but why me?"

"There's no reason you can think of? No fake little secret in your head that the Dark Lord would want?" Moody asked.

I sat in silence for a moment, did someone else know about Tom?

There's no way they do, how would they?

I could feel that Tom sounded quite nervous himself. It didn't help that both Moody's normal eye and his magical one were staring holes in me.

"Er so why don't you like Edgar?" I asked changing the subject uncomfortable.

"Hm" Moody sat back in his chair and took another swig from his flask. "Edgar." Moody growled emphasizing the name. "Wasn't the best person in the war.

"He committed many crimes of his own, believe me the amount of fires that he created... not to mention the dark magic."

"But he was one of us wasn't he?" I asked.

Don't lump me in with you.

"Hm it appeared that way." Moody growled.

"You think he was a double agent?"

"I think had the war turned out differently Edgar would probably still be alive and well." Moody said.

"Why would he do that?"

"Well... rumour has it the Dark Lord had a child, by the name of Edward." Moody explained. "Strange coincidence isn't it? The Dark Lord has a supposed child named Edward, and right when the war starts to escalate a man named Edgar comes out of nowhere?"

"So you think that Edgar is Edward?" I asked him intrigued.

"He doesn't seem to have a last name does he? Only reason for that would be if he had something to hide." It was then that the clock in Moody's office struck midnight.

"You'd better get back to your dorm boy, don't want you to get into anymore trouble."

My head was swimming with questions as I made my way back to the dungeons, and climbed into my bed.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a child?" I muttered.

I didn't know I had a child.

"How didn't you know?"