10: When The Moon Smiles

Start from the beginning

Sun seemed to like the girls brightening expression as the robot continued to speak in a childish and fun manner,

"We can finger paint! Oh oh! Tell some stories! Maybe even spooky ones? Don't tell your parents!" The robot laughed as he listed the growing list of things he had planned for the children on each of his long fingers as if he wanted to keep them there the whole night. "We can drink SO much fizzy-faz until our heads EX-PLODE!! Oh, so fun! so fun!! We can stay up all night long to do all this fun stuff!"

Gregory glanced at the girl as her mood was beginning to brighten up. All of those things sounded brilliant! Her parents would never dream of doing this stuff with her! Her smile was widening as more and more the jester listed off.

"There is only one rule..." The robot leaned in, all movement ceased. The voice seeping through the voice box of his was deep and quiet. "Keep the lights on. ON. On..."

Each emphasis with the "on" made him lean closer and closer and his voice to go deeper and deeper.

When finished saying the ominous rule the animatronic leaned back with his hands folded together. The children ended up looking at each other. Gregory felt that something was up. (Y/n) didn't understand why that was a rule. It's night isn't it? Shouldn't the lights be off?

Mommy said that leaving the lights on at night messes with your sleep, but, the robot said that they would be staying up all night? Daddy said it was bad to not sleep at night. The idea didn't sound as good anymore once the girl realized how tired she felt already.

The two children decided to take in their surroundings. It was a maze of colorful  play-places that nearly touched the ceiling. The ground was made of plush rubber for safety measures. The lights were bright, this room was probably the brightest in the whole pizzaplex.

The girl noticed a large black wire gliding through the ground, it looked like something she could trip on, she thought with furrowed eyebrows. The music playing overhead was on loop, and reverberated to the otherwise empty daycare.

To the far back, there was a large desk. The girl caught Gregory staring intently at it sometimes instead of the robot that drilled on about the entertainment they were gonna have, or repetitively asking if they were having fun yet.

Gregory immediately began to walk away and the girl followed, but the robot grabbed them quickly by the back of their shirts and dragged them back to where they were. Gregory's eyes narrowed in annoyance and the girl looked back at the robot, confused.

"Let's all stay together, hm? I wouldn't want you getting lost!" The robot giggled, resuming his circling session around them. Gregory glanced at a stack of blocks a couple of feet from them. He kicked it out of annoyance only to watch in surprise as the robot fussed almost immediately.

"Oh no, oh no no! What a mess! What a mess!!" The robot's voice box hissed in exasperation, "clean up! Clean UP!"

He immediately began stacking them by the exact order and colors they were before. But he was somewhat slow, his processing program would scan the item before calculating exactly where and how he would put the block down.

The girl was watching him slowly build the tower, she was about to offer to help the friendly robot but Gregory tugged at her sleeve and dragged her quickly away.

They sprinted off, but in the distance they heard the robot let out a frantic laugh. They heard his light and clicking steps as he skipped their way.

"Is this a game of hide and seek?! I love this game!" It was said in a somewhat nervous manner, "but make sure not to run off too far, children, I wouldn't want you getting lost!"