Astrid frowned when seeing how tired he was. She walked over and sat next to him on the bed. She reached her hand up and started brushing his hair with her fingers. Though he was asleep, he could still feel her touch, causing him to suddenly smile.

Astrid slightly laughed when seeing his smile. She leaned down and placed a kiss to his forehead. She then stood up and started to leave. "Wait." Bridge mumbled.

Astrid turned around to his voice. He slowly sat up, his eyes were still closed from how tired he was. "Stay with me a little longer." He said.

Astrid walked back to him. "What if Sky comes in?" She asked.

Bridge shrugged. "Who cares."

He grabbed her arm and pulled her into his lap, then resting his head on her shoulder. His body slowly fell back onto the bed. He wrapped an arm around Astrid's waist and pulled her closer. "Just for a little longer."  He pleaded.

"Okay." Astrid mumbled. She lifted her hand and started bushing his hair again. He smiled and leaned into her touch. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Tired. These dreams are stressing me out. I can't imagine what you go through. It must be hard."

"I'd say that I got used to it at some point, but that would be a lie." She said. "Just try and get some rest. You need the sleep."

Bridge hummed in response and cuddled closer to her. It didn't take long for him to fully fall asleep. Astrid slowly got up from the bed, trying her best not to wake him. He then laid on his back with his arm covering his eyes. Astrid reached down and placed her hand over his chest.

His heartbeat was so slow and calm compared to hers. She wished to be born normal like him. To live a long life like him. To just stay with him a little longer. But who knew how long she had left.

As she was making her out of the room, she ran into Sky. "Is he doing okay?" He asked.

Both turned back to face Bridge. Astrid let out a sigh. "He's sleeping now. I just hope that he won't have another one of those dreams." She said. "Call me incase of anything, will you?" She asked.

Sky nodded his head. "Sure. You go do what you gotta do. I'll keep an eye on him."

"Thanks." Astrid pated his shoulder, then made her way to the command center.

~

Astrid observed the computer as the satellite tried detecting any activity in the city. But there wasn't anything yet.

Kat came in and saw how focused she was when on the computer. Kat knew she was worried about Bridge. She clearly wanted to find whoever these criminals were. But she obviously needed a break.

"How's that engine going?" Kat asked while walking over to her.

Astrid looked up, then shook her head. "Still nothing. But it's thanks to Sam that he makes me realize that I can't get it perfect right away. So I know I still need to work on it."

"I'm sure it'll be great. I didn't start so great either. Took me years to finally get in this position. Maybe you can take over for me one day." Kat smiled.

"As great as that would be, I doubt it." Astrid sighed.

Kat frowned. "You still don't think you'll make it long enough?" Kat asked.

Astrid shook her head. "I want to have a long life. I want to stay here for a long time. And I'm thankful that you guys are trying so hard to prevent me from dying. But I already know what's going to happen to me. I just don't know when. Who knows how long I have. It just depends on when this decides to give up." She said, pointing to her heart."