Part 19

He placed the flowers in her hands. "If there's anything you need from me, anything at all, let me know."

Lucian looked into her brown eyes. "I'll do anything."

Then the most brilliant idea popped into her mind. "Actually, there is something you can do for me."

~

"Oh, your boyfriend's still here? I'm sorry but her client comes first." Alissa snared at him but Alaire smiled at her, holding his hand. "Yes but he's leaving now."

"I'll see you at home, my love." His lips rose to her fingers, gently brushing them over. He had no idea what she was thinking but he'll find out soon enough.

Christopher cleared his throat, bringing in refreshments. "Thank you." Alissa sat down, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "He seems lovely. His face seems familiar to me."

"Oh, you've probably seen his face around." She shook her head. "No, he just has one of those faces." The poor girl didn't have a clue. "Maybe you're right."

~

Christopher sat at his desk, doing his job until his headache walked by. "Hey pretty boy, Alaire's in a meeting?" He simply nodded and she sat on his desk. "Could you get off my desk, please?" Veena mean mugged him. 

"It was mine first."

"Yeah well now it's mine. You sound like a child right now."

"What's crawled up your bunny hole?" He glared at her before answering. "I saw the guy that made boss lady cry today, he was at the office."

Veena stood up, looking livid. "What do you mean he was here? Where did he go?"

"He brought her flowers and came to apologize for making her mad or something." She started pacing the area. "That low down, dirty, bald headed piece of shit! I can't believe Westly showed his face here." 

Chris sat there confused. Westly? Bald headed. "What? Who's Westly?" She stopped in her tracks. "Didn't you say, the guy that made Alaire cry?"

"Yeah but I was talking about her boyfriend, Lucius or something."

"Lucian? Lucian was here? Well he did make her cry - wait!"

She leaned over the desk, looking directly at him. "Did you just call Lucian her boyfriend?" Christopher nodded. "Yeah, how many guys made her cry?"

Veena didn't reply, she was trying to wrap her brain around the boyfriend part. "Are you sure she said boyfriend."

"Pretty sure, she introduced him to her client as her boyfriend, he kissed her hand and everything." Veena gasped dramatically at the news. "What is going on?" She peeped through the blinds but couldn't really see. 

"Who's in there with her right now?"

"Some rude person...uh Benjamin." She gasped dramatically again, freaking Chris out. "Ok what is going on?"

Veena walked around the desk, sitting and crossing her legs. "Wouldn't you like to know." He got irritated. "You really like teasing me, don't you?" She smiled as the door opened. "Once again, you're amazing."

"Of course, have a good day." Veena ran up to her, following her into the office. "Pretty boy told me everything." She looked at him with wide eyes. "Why?!"

"I don't know, I'm sorry."

"So, boyfriend? Does Westly know about this?"

"You know he doesn't. Lucian asked for forgiveness and he's getting it. He's going to help me with this little situation and that's it."

Christopher stood there in utter confusion. "Can someone please tell me what's going on?" He raised his hands to Veena who had a cocky look on her face. "Preferably not you." She frowned, sitting down.

"I don't want to get you wrapped into this Chris, the less you know the better."

"I don't agree with that. I've become really close with you since I've started here. It may not be like yours with this thing but it's there." He grimaced at Veena.

"If you want to tell me, go ahead but I really want to help you. You're one of the kindest people I have in my life right now and it's sad to see you unhappy."

The best friends looked at each other unsure. "Fine, sit down."

~

After they told him the entire thing, he was stressed. "The knight in shinning armour thing makes sense now. Wow, what a jackass."

"As for Lucian, I'll have to talk to him later about this whole uproar."

"I'm right here." They all looked back at the door and there he stood in all is glory. "Oh, I just wanted to ask-"

"If you could use to me get back at your no good husband? Why not. I'll be the best fake boyfriend you've ever seen."

Smiles all around. "Anything for you, Alaire."

"We need a plan people."