The merprince and the Moonpool mermaid

Začať od začiatku

The morning comes, and the search party has long ended. Meanwhile, Rielle has been taking care of Yuu's sick body with the help of Neige and Ambrose. Fortunately, Yuu hasn't accidentally transformed into a mermaid within their presence.

"Where am I?" Yuu groans, waking up with a pounding headache.

"You're at RSA, my child. Rielle found you passed out on the beach. Your friends were looking for you all night," Ambrose answers, looking at Yuu with worry. "You have quite the high fever. We're going to have to keep you here until you recover. I already sent Neige out for some damp washcloths."

"It's fine. You really don't need to do that-" Yuu says as she tries to get up but falls to the floor.

"Rest, my child. Your legs are still sore from your ocean adventure," Ambrose states, picking Yuu up and tucking her back into bed.

Ambrose leaves the room, leaving Rielle to begin another conversation with Yuu.

"Don't worry. I didn't tell your secret. So, care to tell me your name?" Rielle asks, sitting next to Yuu.

"My name is Yuu. It's basic, I know," Yuu answers, rolling onto the side facing him.

"I think it's lovely. We should totally get together and swim in the ocean sometime. I enjoyed swimming after you. We could catch the yummiest fish and eat the tastiest shrimp and crab!"

"Rielle, you're drooling."

"Sorry, I get excited when I talk about food, especially seafood."

Neige walks in carrying a moist washcloth and tries to place it on Yuu's head.

"I'll do it. Yuu's more comfortable with me," Rielle says, placing the washcloth on Yuu's head, triggering a transformation.

"Why would you place a wet item on me?" Yuu scolds, glaring at Rielle.

"Oops, I didn't know that touching water would make you transform. So, does this happen every time you touch water or just when you're sick?" Rielle asks, forgetting Neige is in the room.

"It happens every time I touch water. Unless I dry my skin fast enough," Yuu answers, trying to shift her tail into a comfortable position.

"I feel like I don't need to be a part of this conversation," Neige squeaks, gaining Rielle and Yuu's attention.

"It's fine, just don't tell the others," Rielle says, lifting Yuu.

~~~~~~~
"Good news, everyone! Headmagee Ambrose called me saying that Yuu is ok and is at RSA!" Crowley announces, making everyone cheer. "She'll come back within the hour."

"Isn't that where Prince Rielle goes to school?" Jade asks, nudging Azul.

"Yes, it is where Rielle goes to school, and we shall only hope that he didn't encounter Yuu in her mermaid form," Azul answers, going into a foul mood at the mention of Rielle. "I hope Yuu freezes those annoying princes out."

"Now, Azul, we can't have Yuu causing trouble like she did yesterday. Thankfully, nobody knows it was her who keeps freezing things," Jade comforts, trying to stop Azul before he inks the place out of anger.

"When Yuu returns, I want to experiment on her skin and hair cells. See what changes about her on a molecular level," Idia says, already making a program for his experiment.

The mirror in the Mirror Chamber shines, and Yuu walks out wearing a bracelet with a seashell and bird charm. She walks to the cafeteria and sees everyone there.

"Hi, guys! I'm back!" Yuu exclaims, waving to everyone.

The students rush to Yuu and give her hugs. Then, they fire their questions like they are unloading a clip.

"Was it true that you were taken by a sea monster?"

"What was it like being under the frozen sea?"

"Where were you?"

"How were you able to breathe underwater for so long?"

Malleus walks to Yuu and hugs her.

"I'm glad to see you've returned, Child of...man?" Malleus says, getting confused suddenly. "You smell different."

"Hey, Lizard prince has a point. You smell different. You smell like the Tweels," Leona says, sniffing Yuu's hair.

After Leona sniffs her, every beastman and fae begins to sniff Yuu to smell the difference.

"Can everyone stop sniffing me, please!" Yuu says, putting her hands up.

"Crowley, are you sure she's a human?" Lilia asks, turning to look at the headmage.

"I'm pretty sure she is. Maybe you're all smelling the ocean scent left on Yuu?" Crowley suggests picking up his romance novel.

"No, this is different. It's like Yuu's actually a merperson," Jack adds, remembering Yuu's odd behavior.

"Anyway, Yuu and I have some gaming to do, so if you'll excuse us," Idia rushes, pushing Yuu out of the cafeteria.

The Octavinelle trio follows Idia, and they ask you why she was gone for so long. The result was Azul covering the whole room in ink, then slamming the door to his room.